Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyways back on topic.

This rumor appears to have some teeth.

I am hearing 35 175's will be announced this week for INC. with 22 going to SKYW and 13 going to XJT.

777, Nevets knows what it is like to work for a well organized, well run company.......you don't, and this ain't one of them.

Anyways back on topic.

This rumor appears to have some teeth.

I am hearing 35 175's will be announced this week for INC. with 22 going to SKYW and 13 going to XJT.

Ha ha, and where might these 175 aircraft be coming from? Republic has the next 45 coming out of the factory with the option of 45 more.

The majority from WestAir, wasn't it?

Only about 5 or so came from WestAir. Another 10-15 or so came from inactive fleets (ASA, Comair, Mesa, etc.) The majority of these were RT models, of which, the last of those were pulled offline in 2004.

Of the remaining 42 active ships in the fleet, only 4 were not delivered new to the company; they were bought from Mesa prior to the start of the UA contract.

XJT has its issues, but the company is far from poorly run. Mesa and Trans States are poorly run companies, not XJT.

I assure you that you could not do any better, and in fact, much worse if you were put in charge tomorrow

777 if you ever checked the operating stats for United you would see that quite often Trans States and Mesa are the best operators for completion and on-time performance. I don't think your statement is consistent with the facts. Oh, by the way, Express jet is usually at the bottom of those same rankings.

I use Mesa to commute to work occasionally. Overall a much more reliable op than XJT, and the crew are usually quite professional. Who woulda thunk.

I use Mesa to commute to work occasionally. Overall a much more reliable op than XJT, and the crew are usually quite professional. Who woulda thunk.

Just a point regarding the quality of the operations... mesa is consistently top performer at both their USX and UAX contracts. Mesa as of late has also been at the top of UAX "promoter scores" from passenger feedback given to united. It has not always been this way... and likely will not always be this way, but it IS a relevant point in this conversation. And just to answer the question that we all know is coming, YES they have ACARS time reporting installed on all of their codeshare aircraft (have for a long time now) If i recall, the performance figures actually improved quite a bit compared to the pre-acars numbers. Not saying it doesn't have its problems, but currently the quality of the operation doesn't seem to be one of them.

Latest resources

Back