• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

168 "Large" Regional Aircraft left for RFP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry sport, hate to break it to you but this is the direction regional contracts were and are going.

Oh yeah, remember that scumbag deal Skywest pulled with CAL to try to buy XJt a year earlier? The one that drastically lowered our profitability or risk buyout from SKYWEST? It's the same CPA they bought into now.

This company is so poorly run it's not even funny....Maybe running a non- union outfit that flies out West is their speed. Dealing with a group with a contract and flies with huge weather and operational hurdles (in the form of mainline imposed EDCTs and major delays) is clearly not.

Straight from the book of GenXJETesis:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. He then created a population of highly superior beings called ExpressJet Pilots. Then in order to move these godly creatures around he created a golden chariot known as an E145.

Sorry sport, hate to break it to you but this is the direction regional contracts were and are going.

Oh yeah, remember that scumbag deal Skywest pulled with CAL to try to buy XJt a year earlier? The one that drastically lowered our profitability or risk buyout from SKYWEST? It's the same CPA they bought into now.

This company is so poorly run it's not even funny....Maybe running a non- union outfit that flies out West is their speed. Dealing with a group with a contract and flies with huge weather and operational hurdles (in the form of mainline imposed EDCTs and major delays) is clearly not.

Please tell me you are not that naive...champ.

Let me translate. XJT pilots are difficult, arrogant, impossible to deal with, and then when nothing gets accomplished they blame it on everyone else.

Pretty sure SKYW had plenty of experience dealing with EDCTs and delays. Give me a break. The only variable SKYW did not anticipate was the Deity complex of XJT pilots.

Should have just left you with the wonderful job your prior management was doing. I know most people here wish they would have.

Please tell me you are not that naive...champ.

Let me translate. XJT pilots are difficult, arrogant, impossible to deal with, and then when nothing gets accomplished they blame it on everyone else.

Pretty sure SKYW had plenty of experience dealing with EDCTs and delays. Give me a break. The only variable SKYW did not anticipate was the Deity complex of XJT pilots.

Should have just left you with the wonderful job your prior management was doing. I know most people here wish they would have.

It's funny you say this, everyone in my new hire class at Spirit said the same thing, lol. That XJT guys were always arrogant pricks :). I think we were just proud of our contract and our operation etc......

And make no mistake, the EMB-145XR is a superior aircraft to any Bombardiar product :)

And make no mistake, the EMB-145XR is a superior aircraft to any Bombardiar product :)

Now this we do agree on!

SAAB I think my comment was a bit to harsh I know that. I actually have some friends at XJT and they are great guys, I just don't get why some of your guys seem so difficult to deal with? I have tried to have rationale conversations at times with guys I met and they were so irrational and hard to talk to. Maybe I got the bad bunch?

You on the other hand have always been a big help. Not sure if you remember some of our conversations 6+ years ago but thanks non the less for the help you gave.

Now this we do agree on!

SAAB I think my comment was a bit to harsh I know that. I actually have some friends at XJT and they are great guys, I just don't get why some of your guys seem so difficult to deal with? I have tried to have rationale conversations at times with guys I met and they were so irrational and hard to talk to. Maybe I got the bad bunch?

You on the other hand have always been a big help. Not sure if you remember some of our conversations 6+ years ago but thanks non the less for the help you gave.

I remember :) I didn't take your post the wrong way, XJT definitely has a bunch of arrogant guys/gals. I think it got worse the past couple of years. It got to the point where I would have guys with 1,400 hrs and 4 months on property calling me and complaining about everything and anything, "Why am I getting bypassed on RSV", "why am I getting used on RSV", why do I make so little etc. XJT has definitely changed, a lot of entitlement 23yr olds running around as of late

XJT has its issues, but the company is far from poorly run. Mesa and Trans States are poorly run companies, not XJT.

I assure you that you could not do any better, and in fact, much worse if you were put in charge tomorrow

I assure you that you could not do any better, and in fact, much worse if you were put in charge tomorrow

Huh? That's like if I complained about broken airplanes and you said " Well you couldn't do any better fixing them." It's not my job, it's not what I'm trained to do. But in the context of working with these groups, I have a pretty clear idea when they're doing a good job.

Huh? That's like if I complained about broken airplanes and you said " Well you couldn't do any better fixing them." It's not my job, it's not what I'm trained to do. But in the context of working with these groups, I have a pretty clear idea when they're doing a good job.

Funny you should say that. At my airline I have actually had a few captains try to tell me what part needs to be changed. Nothing makes a captain sound like a tool more then telling a mechanic what is wrong with the plane and being completely incorrect. I just smile an walk away.

I think you have a future as a Scheduling supervisor.

Let me translate : Screw your contract, despite us not having enough pilots we need you to go against your contract and get aircraft moving.

They get first dibs, and they get to name their own price, and United just has to bend over and take it? I find that highly unlikely.

Skywest only has the first right of refusal for the 75 replacement aircraft and the right to grown 15 aircraft within the life of the XJT CPA.

You were involved with the negotiations?? Cool

This is public information.

If its a new RFP, then no. Also, doesn't sound like a swap. Sounds like growth.

This is false. Skywest has the first right of refusal on the 75 large aircraft replacement, from the XJT CPA. It doesn't mean they will match any proposal submitted. There is also a right to grow 15 aircraft.

See my post above. Out of the supposed 168 aircraft, 90 of them can potentially go to XJT (75 replacement and 15 growth). But I do agree with you that overall, even with all 90 of these aircraft going to XJT, they will still shrink.

UAL can only add about 60ish large RJs to UAX until they establish a Small narrowbody/DAL 717 type fleet at mainline. After that they can add up to 325 total large RJs in exchange for a ton of 50 seaters.

- No 76-seat aircraft until Jan. 1, 2014
Legacy United 70-seat and turboprop limits until then

- After Jan 1, 2014
Cap 70-/76-seat aircraft at 255 hulls
No more than 130 76-seat aircraft
Q400 included in 76-seat aircraft count limits
UAL currently has 148 70-seat aircraft and 35 Q400s
Under United Pilot Agreement definitions, UAL currently has 183 of the 255 70/76-seat aircraft

- After Jan. 1, 2016
Cap 76-seat aircraft at 153
Can go above 153 76-seat aircraft if SNB aircraft added to UAL fleet which forces reduction of 70-seat aircraft to 102 cap
Must park 50-seat aircraft if going above 153 76-seat aircraft
Maximum UAX hard cap of 450 total hulls, from current 588

XJT has its issues, but the company is far from poorly run. Mesa and Trans States are poorly run companies, not XJT.

If this isn't poorly run, I can't imagine this being close to normal ops for you guys! Talking from an operational standpoint (not that they've made any money either), this company is the most poorly run in the last 7 years. It's only gotten worse since December 2010.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back