• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Via Expressjet.com:

Average number of daily scheduled departuresSystem: 2,345

Care to try again?

Oops my bad. For some reason I thought block hours instead of departures. Yes, about 2400 departures and about 4000 block hours per day. The point being that we still suck, either way. Not just Mesa (not that I thought they sucked to begin with).

Sweet Jeebus,
We are arguing who came in first at the Special Olympics.

Must really be hard to accept the fact that these numbers suggest that XJT may suck even more, at least performance-wise?

"Uh... well my airline is bigger than your airline" That's great... I'm glad to see you're happy being a part of OO (despite the constant complaints I hear). Gimme a break! Must be heart-breaking to think that MESA pilots, as horrible as they are, were able to prevent OO from buying them. What an ego-crush it must be that Mesa pilots aren't just dying to be part of such a wonderful airline. And the fact that Mesa pilots had the scope to prevent it. What's that worth anyway... ask all the happy XJT and ASA pilots who are now being played by Inc. What a shame.

What is funny is I don't see to many Mesa guys throwing stones at other regionals. It's always the other way around. But when a Mesa guy makes any defense the tables get turned. Funny stuff. Some might say that's a sign of insecurity that you're so worried about the other guy. If Mesa's not a threat, why are you so threatened?

Jesus, take it easy, I was kidding...............

I'm in class with a MESA guy at Spirit, hes a good guy and hasn't bashed XJT, well he did say we were arrogant but I agreed, lol

Last edited:
See now you're shifting your argument. Before it was "Mesa is THE bottom performer" and now its "Well, they're smaller" I knew this is where it would turn next. I love it when an argument falls apart and people have to quickly change the whole topic. This was NEVER a debate on which was the larger carrier... that's a no-brainer. The thing is these numbers totally contradict your previous statement. YOU ALL ASKED ME TO PRESENT MY SOURCES. Now when B/S was called... I'm asking for some evidence to support the statement and nobody seems to be willing to do so!

What's the point - we all know this is Flightinfo... if you make an argument that supports Mesa, nobody will ever admit you're right EVEN IF THE FACTS SUPPORT IT.

A sure sign of intelligence is when a person, presented with facts, can admit they may have been wrong. If someone can present me evidence that supports their point (or nullifies the evidence I've presented) I'll willingly admit that I'm wrong. But you rarely see anyone else do that around here.

Ok so I missed this one, but seriously, how hard is it for Mesa to complete their tiny schedule? Are they operating 13 hubs like SkyWest is? Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Memphis, Cincinnati, Detroit and Dulles (and you can add Atlanta back into that mix here soon)? Lines that run through three or four seperate hubs throughout the day (MKE-DTW-IND-CVG-OMA-MEM-BNA) or (SJC-LAX-SBA-SFO-FAT-DEN-LNK-ORD). And through all that complexity, SkyWest still cancels less flights on average than Mesa with a fleet of aircraft considerably older than the one Mesa utilizes. But if Mesa wants a cookie for cancelling more flights in order to improve their on-time performance, here it is. Congrats!

Ok so I missed this one, but seriously, how hard is it for Mesa to complete their tiny schedule? Are they operating 13 hubs like SkyWest is? Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Memphis, Cincinnati, Detroit and Dulles (and you can add Atlanta back into that mix here soon)? Lines that run through three or four seperate hubs throughout the day (MKE-DTW-IND-CVG-OMA-MEM-BNA) or (SJC-LAX-SBA-SFO-FAT-DEN-LNK-ORD). And through all that complexity, SkyWest still cancels less flights on average than Mesa with a fleet of aircraft considerably older than the one Mesa utilizes. But if Mesa wants a cookie for cancelling more flights in order to improve their on-time performance, here it is. Congrats!

You guys really are stuck on performance over there. It's not all about performance you know. Even when we had good performance, you didnt hear us touting it like we are the only reason why its so good. But I guess it's part of the kool aid there.

You guys really are stuck on performance over there. It's not all about performance you know. Even when we had good performance, you didnt hear us touting it like we are the only reason why its so good. But I guess it's part of the kool aid there.

Not "you guys", just some guys.....apparently

Nev, Nev, Nev,
He is a dispatcher, I will implore you to look with an electron microscope and find anything he can be proud of. He will "call you out" (to fight) if you so much as impugn his favorite sports team, the Dixie (Community)College Bumblebees, so beware! Stop feeding the troll and let him/it go back to the World of Warcraft tournament.

Nev, Nev, Nev,
He is a dispatcher, I will implore you to look with an electron microscope and find anything he can be proud of. He will "call you out" (to fight) if you so much as impugn his favorite sports team, the Dixie (Community)College Bumblebees, so beware! Stop feeding the troll and let him/it go back to the World of Warcraft tournament.

Sorry PBR, but XPOO aint fromDixie, probably doesnt like the Dixie State University Red Storm, or World of Warcraft.... But keep being a dumba$$. We enjoy betting on how immature you can get. Almost like a certain MX controller here in HDQ!

Latest resources

Back