• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok ok

I'll bite on this dikspatch hook...
Sky Pest needs to worry about their contrac..... Oh wait, they don't have a
contract, their work rules get dictated to them by the latter day saint squad.
There ya go, how's that dikspatcher boy.
While you're at it, gimme some more fuel
b!tch.

b!tch.

A++++ Would buy again!

It's been too long since the dikskratchers of FI last trolled the Regional Board (and, by "the regional board", I really mean PBRstreetgang). I forgot how fun this is.

Last edited:
b!tch.

More fuel? What, landing with 1Hr plus isnt enough? Not confident enough in yourself to review the release and see if something needs to be changed? Give me more fuel, that will keep me safe.... Nope, its like a 4 wheel drive... It wont get you unstuck, just gets you in deeper... Kinda like PBRs boyfriend!

I use Mesa to commute to work occasionally. Overall a much more reliable op than XJT, and the crew are usually quite professional. Who woulda thunk.

I'm not sure about today's recent numbers but I know in the past years xjt would cancel or delay A LOT of flts because of mother CAL's need to be on time for international connections etc. Reliability is more than just the completion or on time performance numbers, it was based on CAL's image and their official numbers for the legacies and xjt slots and departures.

More fuel? What, landing with 1Hr plus isnt enough? Not confident enough in yourself to review the release and see if something needs to be changed? Give me more fuel, that will keep me safe.... Nope, its like a 4 wheel drive... It wont get you unstuck, just gets you in deeper... Kinda like PBRs boyfriend!

See it worked although getting under his skin is kinda like a ghost wipe after wings and beer. You're still just taking a sh!te so no cause for applause.
latter day saint squid.
btw, love how they changed the arbitrary pilot name in our cfm to joe smith.
How clever.
Losers

I'm not sure about today's recent numbers but I know in the past years xjt would cancel or delay A LOT of flts because of mother CAL's need to be on time for international connections etc.
In their defense, that happens to any contract carrier during a ground delay program. CTD times are owned by the mainline carrier and the sub-carrier's flights get subbed to the bottom of the list in order to eat up a sizable chunk of the program delay time, thus allowing the mainline carrier to operate virtually on-time during an average GDP (as long as the controllers can maintain the advertised arrival rate).

Once you have three or four of those regional flights each taking one for the team at an avg. delay of three to five hours, you cancel/reposition and go about your day. The mainline carrier gets to pad their on-time/cancellation stats at the expense of the sub-carrier, and the regional gets paid for a flight they otherwise might not if they were to cancel on their own. Obviously, it's a little more complicated than that, but you get the gist.

Every sub-carrier gets screwed at some point. SKW takes it in the shorts at SFO for UAL; BTA probably took it in the shorts at EWR for CAL. Mesa...well, it's easy to keep on truckin' when most of your flights are at LAS/PHX/LAX.

TMYK

How much in pounds is an hour and how is it calculated?

And how much fuel is calculated for a simple VFR missed approach and return?

How much in pounds is an hour and how is it calculated?

And how much fuel is calculated for a simple VFR missed approach and return?

Um, us lowly dispatchers are just button pushers. We dont know the answers to these things. We just play WoW all day and send releases when its convenient.

But to honestly answer your question, fuel is calculated a number of ways. I'm assuming you would like to know how OO plans? Burn per hour is based on factors such as weight, winds, engine type and engine degredation. Reserve is calculated at 45 mins burn at TOD. Hold fuel is calculated at burn at 10,000ft above destination. Alternate burn is calculated for missed approach, climb to altitude and burn-off to the alternate plus a padding of 400lbs. When you ask about a simple VFR missed approach and return that is where statistical contingency fuel comes in, which is never less than 15 mins burn based on the same criteria as hold fuel.

See it worked although getting under his skin is kinda like a ghost wipe after wings and beer. You're still just taking a sh!te so no cause for applause.
latter day saint squid.
btw, love how they changed the arbitrary pilot name in our cfm to joe smith.
How clever.
Losers

Would you care to tell me just how badly my QOL and work rules are suffering because we don't have a contract? Or are you just trying to beat the only drum available to you?

Joe Cool? Everyday Joe? Joe the Plumber? John Doe? Smith? Jones? Anderson? Who cares? At least it wasn't something lame like Captain Kirk or Captain Morgan. "Ohh, look guys, Captain Morgan....teeheehee."

Latest resources

Back