168 "Large" Regional Aircraft left for RFP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.fltdisp.com/TheDispatchCareer/PayBenefits/tabid/59/Default.aspx

Regional carriers start their Aircraft Flight Dispatcher employees between $28,000 and $32,000 per year. Depending on longevity, salaries reach into the $90,000 range and higher for managers.
Major carriers start assistant flight dispatchers in the $40K range depending on experience. Most major air carrier's dispatch offices are union represented and salary caps have been negotiated beyond $100K. Many senior flight dispatchers make in excess of $125K when shift differentials and license pay are included.

Nice try.....someone will always make more than me, but the reality is , you sit in a cubicle and don't really do anything that I couldn't do my self, while I sit in an airplane and do what you can/couldn't do.
Thanks for playing....

That's an old pay description, so top out has gone way up since the year 2009.

It's so sweet that you care enough to think of what I do on a daily basis. Bless your heart.

Don't flatter yourself, on most days at work you don't even exist in a practical sense. So why don't you hit F9 and do the scut work so some poor pilot doesn't have to what they know from experience how to do. Any airline pilot could do your job, could you do any airline pilots job? Didn't think so, you would have to enter the arena and take the risk that every pilot does on a daily basis, your only risk is developing carpal tunnel syndrome.

Can you say the same?

While you may be satisfied with what you do, I am living my life long dream. And continue to do so on a daily basis, 1K or 100K or 1M , doesn't matter, the thought of working in a cubicle makes me ill, been there done that for 3X what I make as an Airline Captain, wouldn't go back for any reason. I sleep in my own bed 16nights on average a month and go to interesting places on the flip side. While SKYW ain't perfect, my lot in life is pretty darn good and I will enjoy it while I am here. If and when AA, UAL, DAL or HAL calls I will gladly go and try a new style of life on for size.

Don't flatter yourself, on most days at work you don't even exist in a practical sense. So why don't you hit F9 and do the scut work so some poor pilot doesn't have to what they know from experience how to do. Any airline pilot could do your job, could you do any airline pilots job? Didn't think so, you would have to enter the arena and take the risk that every pilot does on a daily basis, your only risk is developing carpal tunnel syndrome.
Just curious: what does F9 do?

Your ranting is hilarious. Please, keep it coming.

Review the release, yeah so what? What I watch is the fuel in the tanks, when it gets too low because you screwed up, I divert and collect more money, I win, my blood pressure is lower, and when the final analysis comes to light, dikskratch screwed up in planning, and I saved the day. The bottom line is the best you have to offer is a 20 page document, I on the other hand, take the people who paid the money from A to B and sometimes via C, because you really aren't that good.

Refresh my memory...who was at fault in Waterloo?

While you may be satisfied with what you do, I am living my life long dream. And continue to do so on a daily basis, 1K or 100K or 1M , doesn't matter, the thought of working in a cubicle makes me ill, been there done that for 3X what I make as an Airline Captain, wouldn't go back for any reason. I sleep in my own bed 16nights on average a month and go to interesting places on the flip side. While SKYW ain't perfect, my lot in life is pretty darn good and I will enjoy it while I am here. If and when AA, UAL, DAL or HAL calls I will gladly go and try a new style of life on for size.
I'm happy to hear that. Genuinely. That's the closest thing to a real, human post I've ever seen from you. Thank you for that.

Just curious: what does F9 do?

Your ranting is hilarious. Please, keep it coming.

Out of that paragraph the only question/answer you have is what is F9?
I don't know, but given an afternoon and a short study I could do your job, can you say the same of mine?

Out of that paragraph the only question/answer you have is what is F9?
I don't know, but given an afternoon and a short study I could do your job, can you say the same of mine?

Nah, unfortunately, you would be required to do the same amount of classtime and OJT as all of us had to do. Just like they wouldnt let me skip the front of the line to push to buttons on the autopilot.

Latest resources

Back