129 AA pilots retired Oct 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

Massive chaos here at AA: widebody flying being reduced, pulling out of markets due to massive retirements, losing revenue, they just cancelled the 1st of two November recall classes due to training backlog from retirements...

and... wait for it....

... now they want relief to "protect the schedule!" YGTBSM. No Contract, No Relief!!

The golden goose has been ********************ting all over the egg for 8 years. I don't think the egg cares anymore if it dies.

I hope APA tell's em to ******************** off!

Patriot, my friend... Amen! But what we're all worried about is the wording from the APA press release... "we're currently studying management's relief proposal...." YGTBSM!! Tell 'em to pound sand! Can't believe they actually said that.

Apparently our APA BOD can pass a resolution approving it without a vote.

NO CONTRACT, NO RELIEF!

The golden goose has been ********************ting all over the egg for 8 years. I don't think the egg cares anymore if it dies.

OK then. Arpey ranks among the worst CEOs along with Tilden and Lorenzo to ever run an airline. The sad thing is, if AA goes down in flames, all the employees get screwed while the executive staff get promoted to bigger and better jobs.

Patriot, my friend... Amen! But what we're all worried about is the wording from the APA press release... "we're currently studying management's relief proposal...." YGTBSM!! Tell 'em to pound sand! Can't believe they actually said that.

Apparently our APA BOD can pass a resolution approving it without a vote.

NO CONTRACT, NO RELIEF!

Well I hope they study it while sitting on the throne, then promptly wipe their ass with it, throw it in the toilet, and flush away...

1. Admired AA for not persuing the gov't protection route...keeping the pensions alive was admirable.

2. Arpey's move to pay off his managers (twice!!) without acknowledging the heroic efforts of his flight crews and rank and file was a HUGE MISTAKE...I can not emphasize that move enough, let alone comprehend what was going on in his head!!!!!!

3. Bankruptcy now seems inevitable, witness the aforementioned retirements.

4. I hope he's OK, too. (and it's not Arpey I'm referring to.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back