• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

129 AA pilots retired Oct 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had to give it a try. Not to many of ACA'rs that I know went off to American. PW and BL are the first two that come to mind but I could be guessing for awhile. I am sure I know you though. I opened that place up and turned the lights off went they sent us packing. Ohh I almost forgot the one ACA'r that I hear most of the American pilots wish had not come over. Of course he is with the dark side now. JB ring a bell ?

PW is alive and well here at AA.

JB, no clue who that guy is.

Regards, 73 (aka JP) ex Blue Ridge

3. Bankruptcy now seems inevitable, witness the aforementioned retirements.

I thought the retirements stemmed from a rollback in lump sum pension payouts, much as was the case with Delta. Am I wrong on that?

American will struggle as long as it is saddled with those defined benefit pensions. It was great they held on to them, but they are a big burden at a time when their competitors are not carrying a similar load.

But bankruptcy? They have plenty of cash and airlines historically take a very long time to die.

But bankruptcy? They have plenty of cash and airlines historically take a very long time to die.

Bankruptcy is just another page in the playbook they teach at B-school. Death has nothing to do with it.

Are you refering to the BL who lives outside Doylestown, PA?

Yep that is the one and only. He and I were 2/3 rds of the ABE J32 Capt. roster. The other 1/3 rd is JB's girlfriend now wife living down in the Big D sipping a cool drink next to her pool. Another hint for JB is that he used his powers for good (I think it was the Beige book contract ) but now uses his powers for the evil empire in headquarters not the pilot group. Are you also ex ACA Learlove ? It looks like we are both part of the same dysfunctional family now.

Ohhh, THAT JB!! Umm yeah, that would be a good, good riddance... Funny, everyone loved flying with him at ACA. He is a PUPster here... $$$

BL is doing great, just ran into him a couple months ago. We are both based in JFK.

Last edited:
Ohhh, THAT JB!! Umm yeah, that would be a good, good riddance... Funny, everyone loved flying with him at ACA. He is a PUPster here... $$$

BL is doing great, just ran into him a couple months ago. We are both based in JFK.

Excellent to hear, Be sure to tell him BB says hello. As for Jeff, Yeah he was a great guy at ACA and did well by the pilots when he was in the union but it is disappointing (and maybe a bit naive on my part) to see that everyone has a $ amount that they will sell out for.

Latest resources

Back