• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting factoid at CAL: I went back to the right seat and took a smaller paycut than the guys flying past 60 with frozen A Plans are now taking in their lump sums. I find myself surprised at the effect this has on the ones that aren't retiring (quite a few are). They can't quit, they can't work, and they can't get ahead. They could retire now or at 65, either way they're broke when they do. All they can do is get old. It's somewhat sad.
Man am I glad I am not facing that situation.

Interesting factoid at CAL: I went back to the right seat and took a smaller paycut than the guys flying past 60 with frozen A Plans are now taking in their lump sums. I find myself surprised at the effect this has on the ones that aren't retiring (quite a few are). They can't quit, they can't work, and they can't get ahead. They could retire now or at 65, either way they're broke when they do. All they can do is get old. It's somewhat sad.

What if they would have been responsible with their money from day one? Maxing 401k, saving for kids' college, personal savings, reasonable car, reasonable house, etc, would they have the same problems?

I think it should be called the "M.C. Hammer Syndrome." These dudes made a lot, spent a lot, and are too legit to quit!

What if they would have been responsible with their money from day one? Maxing 401k, saving for kids' college, personal savings, reasonable car, reasonable house, etc, would they have the same problems?

I think it should be called the "M.C. Hammer Syndrome." These dudes made a lot, spent a lot, and are too legit to quit!

I'm not disagreeing with you...I agree wholeheartedly. But, mark your words, and tread softly....in twenty-some years, reread your remarks, and hopefully you won't be disappointed with your outcome...

Man ur the best, LMAO!!!!!

NO! Any CAL pilot who is the least bit responsible, is now sqwaking VFR. Period.

Last edited:
NO! Any CAL pilot who is the least bit responsible, is now sqwaking VFR. Period.

I have to retract this statement. Out of the 400 or so we have working past 60, I know 2 who are staying because they enjoy it. CAL is having a decent number retire this month.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back