• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's kind of funny. So many on Flight Info said they were against changing the retirement age for so many reasons and that they were never going to work past age 60, even if the law changed; but, in the end they are all untrue to those positions as I see almost no one is retiring at age-60. That means all those outspoken members of this Board who so loudly spoke against changing the age are hypocrites as they betrayed what they vocally advocated. Right? Or do I somehow have that wrong?

Yea, I know you're going to say that nowadays they have to work because of the lousy industry and their personal financial situations. But isn't that what those who wanted to work past age-60 said too; and, wasn't that said to be unacceptagle because those pilots should have planned better, never had 3 wives, etc, etc, etc.

This is really funny to see how people's tunes change as it's apparently only about themselves and money.

The sooner the "now" generation gets on down the road the closer the FO's are to retirement themselves.

Feel free to search my posts over the years and you'll see I've never waivered from fighting AGAINST raising the retirement. Plus I've always said it and I still mean it -

The day I can quit without taking a paycut I'm long gone!

Gup

The sooner the "now" generation gets on down the road the closer the FO's are to retirement themselves.

Feel free to search my posts over the years and you'll see I've never waivered from fighting AGAINST raising the retirement. Plus I've always said it and I still mean it -

The day I can quit without taking a paycut I'm long gone!
Gup

Gup: With all the double negatives I'm not exactly sure what you've said. But I think you said that you will be working to age-65 because you can not afford to retire will less money than when you're working. Right?

And you were always in favor of raising the retirement age. Right?

Gup: With all the double negatives I'm not exactly sure what you've said. But I think you said that you will be working to age-65 because you can not afford to retire will less money than when you're working. Right?

And you were always in favor of raising the retirement age. Right?

Thank you for taking part in the GEEZERMETER. Try it for a few days. Can you get "1121" in before anyone else can? It's good clean fun.

BTW, cool Member's Only jacket. I think you're the last member. Congrats.:cartman:

Last edited:
It's kind of funny. So many on Flight Info said they were against changing the retirement age for so many reasons and that they were never going to work past age 60, even if the law changed; but, in the end they are all untrue to those positions as I see almost no one is retiring at age-60. That means all those outspoken members of this Board who so loudly spoke against changing the age are hypocrites as they betrayed what they vocally advocated. Right? Or do I somehow have that wrong?

Yea, I know you're going to say that nowadays they have to work because of the lousy industry and their personal financial situations. But isn't that what those who wanted to work past age-60 said too; and, wasn't that said to be unacceptagle because those pilots should have planned better, never had 3 wives, etc, etc, etc.

This is really funny to see how people's tunes change as it's apparently only about themselves and money.

All ours said, "I'm done at 62." Their still here. They can't leave so they don't. Their's no way there leaving before 65. It's all about the Benjamins.

"unacceptangle" - cool word but "unfriend" won for 2009s cool new word.

Last edited:
Their still here. (wrong word)
You are correct. All the old guys lied.

It's the old guys and the young guys like you who are just full of BS and don't even know it. You for example have said you're out of here at 62. That is not a lie but it is most likely not correct unless you are Nosterdamus. The reality is that all the captains tell the F/O's that they are going to retire at 62. That is pure BS with maybe a sliver of truth as in wishful dreaming. The truth is that they don't want to piss their F/o's off by saying they're going to be there for 5 more years; tough luck for you. When age 62 comes around they will always have an excuse about some hard luck story. That time is coming up starting this December. Get ready for the stories. Very few (exept maybe at AA where they still have a pension or maybe a guy with a communte from hell) are going to retire before age-65. Why would they?

Last edited:
It's the old guys and the young guys like you who are just full of BS and don't even know it. You for example have said you're out of here at 62. That is not a lie but it is most likely not correct unless you are Nosterdamus. The reality is that all the captains tell the F/O's that they are going to retire at 62. That is pure BS with maybe a sliver of truth as in wishful dreaming. The truth is that they don't want to piss their F/o's off by saying they're going to be there for 5 more years; tough luck for you. When age 62 comes around they will always have an excuse about some hard luck story. That time is coming up starting this December. Get ready for the stories. Very few (exept maybe at AA where they still have a pension or maybe a guy with a communte from hell) are going to retire before age-65. Why would they?

Point out where I said I was out of here at 62.

How am I full of B.S.?

thx.

ps. Most of our guys will stay til 65, no doubt. Who in their right mind would give up $200,000+ a year to work here? It is very easy to change our lines including dropping trips. Guys could make $100,000/yr easily here and hardly ever work.

Point out where I said I was out of here at 62.
How am I full of B.S.?

This is what you said.

All ours said, "I'm done at 62." Their still here.

The fact is that since the law was changed in December, 2007 there is not a single age 62 pilot on the property at SWA. The oldest anyone could be at SWA is 61.

That is not true. SWA rehired some who had already retired. So yes, we have some over 62 at SWA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back