• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

12 of Comairs 70's going to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who owns the airplanes? Until we start flying planes with our own employers' name on the fuselage we're all at the mercy of who ever owns the name that is there. You can insult Skywest pilots all you want but believe it or not none of us took a vote to screw you guys. Perhaps more accurate blame could be placed on the FAs union or your own inept management, the same management that imposed PFT on your pilots longer than almost any other regional. That's when the Comair pilot group were the "F***ing Whores!!!!" and the "scum bags" (Those guys have probably mostly moved on and I respect the current Comair pilot group as a whole) So go ahead and insult us if it helps you sleep at night but Skywest pilots have as much say in this as you do. The way things are going it will just be a few years until our airplanes start getting transferred to a better managed regional.

Let them have them. Scum bags will fly anything for 50 seat pay. Let em fly the 737 for 50 pay too.

Hypotheticly(sp?),

What would you do if you were a SKW pilot? Would you have refused to fly for one rate? Quit? Kept all the pilots at SKW from agreeing to one rate? Forced Jerry to give you the seperate rate? Tell us o' know it all.

You can't lump all the SKW pilots into one way of thinking. In the end you do what is best for you and yours and ultimately the majority rules. Even without a union. Ultimately, SKW guys make more than you or even a comperable ASA 70 seat pilot on their W2's with one rate.

I hear ASA guys happy about the Frontier flying. Should they and the horizon guys call ASA pilots scum bags and whores? SKW Inc. bids for the flying and we just fly what they are given.

This is clearly more union-busting on the part of Delta management. "Reward" the non-union carrier with more flying to keep that pilot group happy (and keep them from unionizing) and punish the ALPA carriers. Grinstein and Atkin are probably high-fiving at this very moment.

Skywest Pilots: Please see through this attempt to placate you and make you apathetic. The rest of us really do need you to stand with us. Please.

KAK

Last edited:
Any word on where these planes will go to? I'm assuming they're going to be flying for Delta. Is this part of the Delta RFP?

The 12 70's are going to SkyWest - not sure what cities they'll go to though. My guess is that the aircraft will still fly for the Delta side of the Skywest house and yes, this is part of the Delta RFP.

Hypotheticly(sp?),

What would you do if you were a SKW pilot?

Simple. I'd vote ALPA in.

The rediculous notion of flying 70 AND 90-seat aircraft for 50-seat pay is hurting more than the regionals. Would somebody explain to me why ALPA-represented majors aren't refusing to hire non-union Skywest pilots?

I'll answer that myself: they're too busy b!tching at the other ALPA carriers.

What a GREAT union!

What is there to be embarassed about? A lot of you guys throw cliches, insults etc out there but never offer any reasons. The only reason I hear given is because we are non-union. That is our choice not anyone elses.

I'm embarrased by YOU! You constantly put in your childish digs at other pilot groups while seeming to enjoy their bad fortune...I hope everyone realizes most of us are not happy seeing their misfortune, and wish there was some way to stop the slide of this profession!

This is clearly more union-busting on the part of Delta management. "Reward" the non-union carrier with more flying to keep that pilot group happy (and keep them from unionizing) and punish the ALPA carriers. Grinstein and Atkin are probably high-fiving at this very moment.

Skywest Pilots: Please see through this attempt to placate you and make you apathetic. The rest of us really do need you to stand with us. Please.

KAK

What?

So by standing with you, that means letting alpa in here? I hope eveything works out for the comair gals/guys, but I dont know how voting in a 2% paycut is going to help us, or you? Remember that if alpa is voted in at SKW it will be many years before there is a contract that could effect anyone else, and by then this should be mute because you would of already upgraded/moved up/on. So alpa coming to SKW will not be some type of magic pill to fix the regionals, what is needed is a cleanout of the bad management at some of the other regionals.

I would suggest spending your time improving your own working conditions instead of bashing the guys at Skyw for situations that are outside of their control!

My $0.02c as a former SkyW 120 driver.

Baja.

HArd to improve conditions at Comair, especially when being compared to SkyWests pay and work rules. It is a backwards step at every turn.

Vote in ALPA? And then what? Be like a lot of those ALPA carriers?

Sleep on the airplane during short overnights?

No pay for mechanical cancellations?

Half pay for deadheading?

No profit sharing?

Do standups just for flight pay?

Other than the 700/900 have rates that are lower than ours?

I think this pay proposal sucks and have already voted against it. But some of you guys are so full of $hit it ain't even funny. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Latest resources

Back