• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

~1 year upgrade at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To think that I made 65K this year flying for CHQ,(at 50 seat rates) and took 3 months of UNPAID medical leave.... and I still have my hearing!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Surf.....

My hearing is fine, I guess you haven't sat up front in a Dash. I have been up front in a ERJ and CRJ and I can tell you in Cruise flight the Dash is much quieter up front.

Last edited:
My hearing is fine, I guess you haven't sat up front in a Dash. I have been up front in a ERJ and CRJ and I can tell you in Cruise flight the Dash is much quieter up front.

Not the E170-190 series...but I digress...

Hmmmm...much quieter? Is it the 1050-1200 RPM arrival part with the overheads and seat backs resonating/a buzz with the outta sync-out-balance props and the pax all looking at each other wondering if the nuts and bolts are going to start falling off?

Or icing conditions with the props slinging ice onto the sides of the fusalage and going out of balance. Gives you warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Are you one of those guys who wears Telex 750's with earplugs in and the headset volume cranked? :eek:

T8

Last edited:
Not the E170-190 series...but I digress...

Hmmmm...much quieter? Is it the 1050-1200 RPM arrival part with the overheads and seat backs resonating/a buzz with the outta sync-out-balance props and the pax all looking at each other wondering if the nuts and bolts are going to start falling off?

Or icing conditions with the props slinging ice onto the sides of the fusalage and going out of balance. Gives you warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Are you one of those guys who wears Telex 750's with earplugs in and the headset volume cranked? :eek:

T8

No, 900 climbs are great. And the Dash 8/300 is super quiet at 900. However I will agree that on take off in the 100's the sound is pretty bad.

Now I have been in the ERJ and once you level off the wind noise is pretty bad. Haven't been in the 170 yet, maybe by the end of the year I will be able to compare it too the 190.

I thought Dash was hella more loud than the 170...900/1050, whatever...I spent about a year upfront in both.

Latest resources

Back