• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zemeckis air disaster flick.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, the title is a little misleading. The movie has much more to do with alcoholism and substance abuse than "flight".

No...I suspect the title may be perfect.

> Flight - n. : The act or an instance of running away; an escape.

...as in alcoholism or substance abuse.

I haven't seen the film but, I would hazard a guess that flight/escape may be the central theme/metaphor.

??

Let me guess...does he have numerous problems that he seems to be running away from marital, family, financial or otherwise?

Problems he is trying to escape with the use of drugs and alcohol?

Does he consider running from the various government agencies and laws that are now threatening him?

Maybe he just disappears at the end of the film....flight to avoid prosecution?

Okay...DON'T ANSWER ANY OF THE ABOVE.

I'm seeing it on Monday.

:)

YKW

Last edited:
Movie was horrible.

For pilots I'm sure...not so much the rest of the planet.

We're lucky...we only have to sit through a movie every 5-6 years about airplanes and an occasional TV show.

Imagine how cops and nurses and doctors must have to sit for hours and hours watching all the totally impossible, procedurally incorrect stuff on TV and in Movies about their chosen professions?

Half the stuff on television is unwatchable for those poor folks!

:)

YKW

Totally unrealistic movie. I have NEVER had a flight attendant who looked like Nadine Valezquez.

No sheet. Here's my world:

Had a FA in the cockpit in the early am on a transcon, one of those kinda cool multiple planet and moon line ups in the sky. She asks me and the FO, "isn't that neat, do you guys remember how exciting it was when Sputnik launched?"

Uhhhhhh, no. :rolleyes:

No sheet. Here's my world:

Had a FA in the cockpit in the early am on a transcon, one of those kinda cool multiple planet and moon line ups in the sky. She asks me and the FO, "isn't that neat, do you guys remember how exciting it was when Sputnik launched?"

Uhhhhhh, no. :rolleyes:

Heh. It's either that or they think Sputnik is some kind of hipster vodka brand.

Imagine how cops and nurses and doctors must have to sit for hours and hours watching all the totally impossible, procedurally incorrect stuff on TV and in Movies about their chosen professions?

Half the stuff on television is unwatchable for those poor folks!

True dat.

Go see ARGO instead. Great movie.

Once you get past the flying inaccuracies in the first
15 minutes, it becomes a compelling movie. I thought DW
did a great job. It's more about a man battling his inner
demons and lies than a movie about aviation. I give it
a "thumbs up".

Inverted flight scene seems to be a Douglas BUT....with Winglets?

I'm sure they had to purposely muddy the waters and obfuscate the identification of the aircraft ....for legal reasons.

What say you....the intelligentsia of Flight Info?

Whine

NO NO NO, they put the winglets on to make it look a CRJ so they could pay the actors less money.

TMZ is reporting that they wanted to paint the jet canyon blue/red/orange or poopy brown but Denzel refused to pay for his type rating.

Last edited:
It's more about a man battling his inner
demons and lies than a movie about aviation

My inner demon is having to watch/listen to/deal with other people's inner demons. The fewer 'inner demon' encounters the better. Life's more fun without them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back