• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zemeckis air disaster flick.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both flight director systems are easy. Duel cue is more precise since you don't have to squint to see if you're truly tucked into the V-bar perfectly.

I miss single-cue...with a dual cue system the FD is telling you what to do...pull the nose higher...roll more..., without any direct indication of how high it's going to take the nose or how much it's going to make you bank until you get there. A single cue system gives you a direct indication of the pitch that you're going for and the bank that you're going for. It's a little easier to keep your head in the game to me.

Dual cue may be better in one instance, on LOC on GS. And yes that is a pretty important "instance." But I think single cue is just as precise, even here.

All other times you can have bars going here and there and once you get on one you start looking for the other one and I just end up looking through them at the raw data, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not the intent.

Dual cue may be better in one instance, on LOC on GS. And yes that is a pretty important "instance." But I think single cue is just as precise, even here.

All other times you can have bars going here and there and once you get on one you start looking for the other one and I just end up looking through them at the raw data, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not the intent.
That's simple lack of practice.

Those who use them regularly don't have that problem. If they do, they need to seek another career field, it's a Flight Director for crying out loud.

The movie has great acting. The aviation part isn't horrible by hollywood standards.

I recall one movie where the pilot also had a jammed 'flipper', so he called his guard buddy on UHF and had an Apache Helicopter intercept the airliner up in the flight levels and unjam the 'flipper' with the Apache's chain gun.

'Flight' isn't that bad!

This is very much an emotional downer of a movie, its very hard to watch in places. That FA in the opening scene was hot!

Latest resources

Back