• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zemeckis air disaster flick.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airplane in the trailer is an MD80 series with a fake cockpit and winglets. In other words, fictional airplane.

Zemeckis is a PPL and very involved in aviation, and the Alaska MD80 jackscrew accident was supposedly inspiration for this film.

Douglas wing vs. small building: Douglas wing wins.

Realistic enough for me. :D

Heard he swigs some beer and snorts some coke before the hotel pickup for his morning flight. Then crashes.

Sounds like the typical drunk battling his personal demons. What could have been a better story line would be him testing .0023 or something like that and his battle fighting the airline, the manufacturer, the US and foreign goverments and investment banks trying to pin the accident on him when the truth is half the worlds airline fleet is unsafe and should be grounded.

As of now it sounds like a movie about Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane" trying to come back after sniffing airplane glue and hanging upside down.

Heard he swigs some beer and snorts some coke before the hotel pickup for his morning flight. Then crashes.

Sounds like the typical drunk battling his personal demons. What could have been a better story line would be him testing .0023 or something like that and his battle fighting the airline, the manufacturer, the US and foreign goverments and investment banks trying to pin the accident on him when the truth is half the worlds airline fleet is unsafe and should be grounded.

As of now it sounds like a movie about Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane" trying to come back after sniffing airplane glue and hanging upside down.

You're a bigger buzzkill than buzz killington.

Last edited:
Zemeckis owns a nice IFR C182 so I was hoping for a little more reality, previews look disappointing though. Best "pilot" movie ever, "The Pilot" with Cliff Robertson.

Zemeckis owns a nice IFR C182 so I was hoping for a little more reality, previews look disappointing though. Best "pilot" movie ever, "The Pilot" with Cliff Robertson.

+1!
I had once had Cliff Robertson on a flight from OGG to KOA. Just a handful of paxs and he sat up front near the cockpit by himself. I wanted to, but didn't have the nerve to walk back and start searching under the seats and around the overhead as if I was looking for something. My plan was to then ask him if he had seen a small "spooker" anywhere? but I chickened out. (for those that didn't see the movie, he played an alcoholic pilot that kept spooker's of booze hidden in the A/C lav)
That may soon like a corny movie, but it was very well done and the flying was quite realistic as Hollywood goes.
I did meet him later, about 8 or 9 years ago at the La Jolla longboard luau cancer fundraiser event , very nice guy. Stoked to spend some time with him. At one point he owned quite a few antique aircraft, including a Spitfire.

"My plan was to then ask him if he had seen a small "spooker" anywhere? but I chickened out."

LMAO!

The man was a regular at Oshkosh too, I think he brought the Spitfire a time or two. Great guy.

Latest resources

Back