• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're Welcome SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UH! And Delta is now DALPA/ALPA because???? Must be management treated them so well, the voted in a union in gratitude. SKYW, you have lowered the bar for everyone, showing management that there is no unity in the pilot groups. It will catch up with you someday, in the meantime, I flew with a lot of great guys/gals over there and sincerely wish everyone good luck in the future.

Yogi
I wasn't referring to the pilot groups. Anyone who has been around this industry for any period of time knew I was referring to the many other employee groups and there unions ie IAM AFA ect. at Delta and Eastern. One of which was greatly unionized the other not!

Actually the talk about pay increase here has nothing to do with ASA or any other airline. It has to do with supply and demand. The reason they're talking money is because they can't get enough new hires. That is my understanding.

you both understand correctly.

Of course if Skywest had voted in ALPA, it would be 3-5 years before there were any pay increases.... Instead they get them immediately.... and don't have to pay 1.95%....

One could also opine that your 1.95% contributed to their raise.

Good job!

My point? Recognize ALPA, warts and all, as not necessarily the most evil entity on the planet.

Now seriously, why would SKYW have to wait 3 to 5 years? Let's see, as a new hire which option is more attractive: Lower current pay, contract in progress (SKYW), or, Higher pay, contract in place (ASA)? If SKYW could not attract pilots, while ASA, et al, could, the contract would get wrapped up much quicker than 3-5 years in the future.

I would feel much better about the whole situation if it were, "We're making millions of dollars in profits, and would like to share it with one of our hardest working employee groups."

Rather, it seems to be driven by, "We can't find anybody to fly our aircraft, so we'll have to throw more money at them".

Who do we all thank when we take pay cuts and work rules get thrown out the window?

I thank mamma for the cookin', daddy for the whoppin', the devil for the trouble that I get in to....

Latest resources

Back