• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're Welcome SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Except there's no bargaining taking place at SkyWest.

I believe that they have already turned down the first offer recieved. I suppose people would rather have SkyWest's compensation stay low so they could undercut the union carriers, because you really can't expect to have it both ways.

Last edited:
We got those for us and we had them way before you. When our pilot group was worth a crap they got em for us.My point is if your gonna pull the coat tailing card then it goes both ways.
ASA didn't have these before you, true... but that is a stretch to say that it goes both ways. You wouldn't have had it if another union pilot group hadn't fought to get it at some point before you guys. Most everything you guys get is a result of someone else fighting for it. If you don't want a union, fine, that is your decision, but you guys are coat-tail-riders. At least admit that and go on about your business.

Of course if Skywest had voted in ALPA, it would be 3-5 years before there were any pay increases.... Instead they get them immediately.... and don't have to pay 1.95%....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, touche!

at least somebody gets it!

I'll deliver my thank yous: Thank you capitalism! Thank you market economy! Thank you laws of supply and demand!

Actually, I was a little flummoxed by BS's letter. I stated what SAPA was pursuing, that management agreed some things were AFU, and that SAPA declined an offer. I don't recally seeing anything about an offer being made--did I miss a step somewhere? I know that wouldn't happen if we had a union [sic], but bear with me here...

You've got to be kidding me...

I wouldn't be so quick to praise ole Joe... If he and his Fab Four(the coalition led by LJ, remember them?) had taken over here at ASA, we would have caved and taken a sub-standard contract and either your pay would have remained stagnant or you'd be shifting airframes to us since we would definitely have lower crew costs. Jerry is a businessman and lower crew costs mean a better bottom line and it's his job to optimize profit. But just keep thinking that its the free market helping keep up your pay and quality of life. You only get what you negotiate, but since you can't negotiate with a company union, just be thankful other carriers keep working for better contracts that your management has to match (plus a small percentage, maybe) to keep attracting pilots.

I don't begrudge the SkyWest pilots for what they have, but it chaps my ass when they act like they would still have such a great place to work without other pilots striving for the improvement of the profession.

Just my $.02...

SkyWest had better work rules than ASA, then ASA caught up to them, now SkyWest is being caught up to ASA and hopefully Pinnacle and Republic will one up them, isn't this the type of progressive bargaining we should all be excited about.

Here's a quick history lesson for all you young ones that think you have it all figured out.
In the 60'sand 70's Delta's non union employees and Easterns union employees went through the same thing. One upping each other for two decades. There is so much here that I could go into that transpired along with this. Just wanted to point out how history repeats itself.Consider the in result as well. And yes we could discuss the other contributing factors as they played out only in the end ie.(Lorenzo) but I often wonder if indeed anyone learns from our past!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, touche!

I'll deliver my thank yous: Thank you capitalism! Thank you market economy! Thank you laws of supply and demand!

And you probably believe, too, that Brian Lebreque is really quitting to retire right now, right? And it just so happens that Brad Holt is taking over, just because Brian Lebreque DECIDED to retire? If you believe that, and I would bet you do, then you really shouldn't be in public without somebody making sure you don't hurt yourself.

Trojan

Here's a quick history lesson for all you young ones that think you have it all figured out.
In the 60'sand 70's Delta's non union employees and Easterns union employees went through the same thing. One upping each other for two decades. There is so much here that I could go into that transpired along with this. Just wanted to point out how history repeats itself.Consider the in result as well. And yes we could discuss the other contributing factors as they played out only in the end ie.(Lorenzo) but I often wonder if indeed anyone learns from our past!

UH! And Delta is now DALPA/ALPA because???? Must be management treated them so well, the voted in a union in gratitude. SKYW, you have lowered the bar for everyone, showing management that there is no unity in the pilot groups. It will catch up with you someday, in the meantime, I flew with a lot of great guys/gals over there and sincerely wish everyone good luck in the future.

Yogi

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, touche!

Ah yes...Capitalism and the market economy have always been wonderful for all!

"At least somebody gets it", Must be fulfilling to be so smart!

Latest resources

Back