Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USCtrojan

KolobWestwind
I see SAPA sends you a letter notifying you of New Hire pay, Long Call reserve, 401k, and 700/900 pay. Funny on the timing of it all. I realize SkyWest hasn't implemented any of this, but it's about to happen I would guess. Congratulations on your hard earned pay raises.

Trojan

I see SAPA sends you a letter notifying you of New Hire pay, Long Call reserve, 401k, and 700/900 pay. Funny on the timing of it all. I realize SkyWest hasn't implemented any of this, but it's about to happen I would guess. Congratulations on your hard earned pay raises.

I read the same letter right before I came here. What's so funny about the timing? The ALPA drive is over and SAPA's hands are no longer tied. Seems pretty logical to me. And perhaps since ALPA was voted down, SAPA has recieved a mandate and is hopefully stepping up.

Not to stir the pot or anything, but for what it's worth the implementation of those working condition improvements will be a lot more expeditious under SAPA than they would have been under ALPA (that is if they happened at all.) New hire pay, for example, is due to change at the first of the year. I think with ALPA we'd have been lucky to see it a year from now.

Anyway, once again, not union bashing, just making an observation.

-Goose

Last edited:
What's so funny about the timing? The ALPA drive is over and SAPA's hands are no longer tied. Seems pretty logical to me. And perhaps since ALPA was voted down, SAPA has recieved a mandate and is hopefully stepping up.

Not to stir the pot or anything, but for what it's worth the implementation of those working condition improvements will be a lot more expeditious under SAPA than it would have been under ALPA (that is if they happened at all.) Once again, not union bashing, just making an observation.

-Goose

Implementation quicker? It happened because ASA held our ground. What if 2 years ago we took a pay cut like they were demanding? You got what you got because of ASA's fight. I'm glad you did. But don't try and tell me it's because of anything you earned.

Trojan

I don't recall doing so. And you may have a point about ASA for all I know. My point is that I personally had nothing to do with the ASA purchase and contract negotiations, and very little to do with the ALPA vote, and that I will take an increase from $19.25/hr almost any way I can get it. I'm just trying to make a living here.

-Goose

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbil Kynt--The Usual Suspects

Trojan

Not to stir the pot or anything, but for what it's worth the implementation of those working condition improvements will be a lot more expeditious under SAPA than they would have been under ALPA (that is if they happened at all.)

Implementation, as if the SkyWest pilot group had anything to do with that. You didn't, SAPA didn't. It had everything to do with the Work Rules ASA negotiated and fought for. Had ASA taken a pay cut on the 700/900's pay rate, we would have been about in line with your 1% override. Nothing would have changed. You're Welcome.

Trojan

Not to stir the pot or anything, but for what it's worth the implementation of those working condition improvements will be a lot more expeditious under SAPA than they would have been under ALPA (that is if they happened at all.) New hire pay, for example, is due to change at the first of the year. I think with ALPA we'd have been lucky to see it a year from now.

Anyway, once again, not union bashing, just making an observation.

-Goose

Except with SAPA the company can rescind those new "improvements" whenever it feels like it...not so at ASA.

Not that I am necessarily against SKYW pilots, but past experiences have shown us at all that as long as other people are fighting, their bar will be raised. Good luck to those guys, but sooner or later they will have to fight on their own part, and I sincerely hope that their discrepancies and "grievances" do not fall on def ears. But I am not countirng on that either. Not SKYW bashing....just being realistic

Latest resources

Back