• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You guys are making me look like a genius. Thanx! B19

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't voluntary leave an attempt at reducing workforce. I think if the company needed the entire workforce this wouldn't be occuring. You can slant it anyway you like but it is obvious to everyone that business is bad and the powers that be don't forsee it getting better for a while. This is ugly stuff

Junglejett I wouldn't root for others to fail to grow your share. Expecially when NetJets is in the middle of downsizing. No time to be bragging about being the leading fractional either. Lets show a little compassion for the families who will face serious financial hardships

I am not rooting for anyone to fail..but I think the fact remains that will happen. We are in a better position to come out of this on the other side..leaner..but alive.

As for those who may suffer some hardship....that would be me.

Hazmat posted:

Now we are going to start talking about statics.

That is how we sell shares my friend. I've done close to two dozen in the ten years I've worked here. Most are convinced after the static, but some want a demo flight. I've only done a couple of those.

Point is sales are still there. Every Marquis salesman I've spoken with says they are doing well in the major markets. Read the tea leaves how ever you want.

Are times times tough. Sure. Will there be a tomorrow? I think so.

I hope all the guys that got $hit-canned at flex, flops and others can at least take satisfaction that their turmoil is minimal.......

in reality the only one who has less turmoil during tough times at a non-union carrier is the SOB at the top who ends careers on a whim. The guy who doesn't have to be creative, doesn't have to make an effort to preserve assets. He just simply has to say, sorry folks your position is no longer needed. And when the cuts are too deep, market share has dwindled to nothing and the creditors are at the gates - the SOB takes the golden parachute (the good kind of furlough) and pops up somewhere else - keeping all the profits in good times and destroying lives yet again when the economy goes south. Wow, that IS easy.

Yes it is. You've shown that a unionized carrier can be even more painful and create more turmoil than a non-union one.

Hopefully these lessons will carry over to all the others.

Are you really this delusional or is your head in the sand?

We are doing everything we can to keep the "turmoil" our brothers at other fracs have suffered from happening to us. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

It's telling to see you root for "turmoil" on our side.

I hope all the guys that got $hit-canned at flex, flops and others can at least take satisfaction that their turmoil is minimal.......

in reality the only one who has less turmoil during tough times at a non-union carrier is the SOB at the top who ends careers on a whim. The guy who doesn't have to be creative, doesn't have to make an effort to preserve assets. He just simply has to say, sorry folks your position is no longer needed. And when the cuts are too deep, market share has dwindled to nothing and the creditors are at the gates - the SOB takes the golden parachute (the good kind of furlough) and pops up somewhere else - keeping all the profits in good times and destroying lives yet again when the economy goes south. Wow, that IS easy.

Yeah, that's how it works. Go take another drink of that union kool-aide.

If it was so easy, unions would be in the business of creating successful companies, instead of sucking every profitable cent out of companies that do, making them unprofitable and miserable to work at.

Are you really this delusional or is your head in the sand?

We are doing everything we can to keep the "turmoil" our brothers at other fracs have suffered from happening to us. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

It's telling to see you root for "turmoil" on our side.

The turmoil started with the "Industry Leading Contract". All you guys seem to think that it's only about how much a pilot is paid. It's a lot more than that.

Overstaffing is bad enough when the company hires more pilots than are needed. Add to that, a CBA that requires an additional 1.7 more pilots per airplane than any other fractional, and the union waste continues to rear it's very ugly head. It was only a matter of time.

I'm not wishing bad luck on anybody, but the blowhards on this board have been telling everybody just how wonderful life at Netjets is. They've been rubbing it in everybody's faces forever.

Every now and then during this downturn pilots have lost jobs at fracs. That is bad enough, but this Netjets issue is going to massively affect a very good company and the rest of the fractional industry in a negative fashion.

Union greed is showing it's head here, and it's just beginning. Anybody that thinks this little blip is going to correct all the turmoil is simply living on that 4 year supply of kool-aide provided by the union.

This is going to get worse, and the CBA is going to cause the ongoing issues.

Ha!

Does anyone notice how this idiot B19 started with normal text, then switched to bold-type and now changes the color of bold type (red, blue and now brown) since he has been posting? This feeble attempt at getting people to pay attention to him shows his growing desperation for attention.

You are really concerned about the color of the text? Here is the simplicity of how the text became blue, then brown. The avatar I originally used was blue and for some reason I matched the color on a few posts. Then, everybody started coming up with all kind of comments and conspiracies about it and I thought it was funny so I continued. The brown text of today matches the background of my image better than the blue.

All you guys think there is some kind of conspiracy and I love it.. I can't possibly be simply telling the truth, that being I'm in senior managment at a non-union part 121 air carrier that has experience with unions and how they destroy companies from the inside out.

Nope, all of you have me as a paid union buster. Keep the conspiracy alive I say!

In the meantime, I'm going to have my lunch now.

I'm going to eat my grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich while sitting in a bathtub that is located on a grassy knoll.

The turmoil started with the "Industry Leading Contract". All you guys seem to think that it's only about how much a pilot is paid. It's a lot more than that.

Overstaffing is bad enough when the company hires more pilots than are needed. Add to that, a CBA that requires an additional 1.7 more pilots per airplane than any other fractional, and the union waste continues to rear it's very ugly head. It was only a matter of time.

I'm not wishing bad luck on anybody, but the blowhards on this board have been telling everybody just how wonderful life at Netjets is. They've been rubbing it in everybody's faces forever.

Every now and then during this downturn pilots have lost jobs at fracs. That is bad enough, but this Netjets issue is going to massively affect a very good company and the rest of the fractional industry in a negative fashion.

Union greed is showing it's head here, and it's just beginning. Anybody that thinks this little blip is going to correct all the turmoil is simply living on that 4 year supply of kool-aide provided by the union.

This is going to get worse, and the CBA is going to cause the ongoing issues.

you asked if we were going to open up the cba and provide some relief.....well, that is exactly what we did. Instead of not changing anything and letting the bottom third take it up the butt, we all are going to sacrafice to save our company. Union and non-union members are doing the same things. We are taking a reduction in salary and schedules.

So the answer is YES, we did it. Unbelievable huh?

So you can be happy for us now, we're all pulling together to provide a break on the company.

Latest resources

Back