• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

YGTBSM - FedEx jumpseating suspended.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I have to agree with Mr. Zog. Obvoiusly you are not a commuter and quite frankly an imbecile. Are you a flight attendant?"

Well, lets see. I am 1. a commuter and 2. currently flying for FedEx. Since I am actually choosing to correspond with someone like you, I may well be an imbecile, so I'll give you 1 out of 3 on your assumptions. Based on your profile, I'll make the assumption you don't work for FedEx and haven't read the whole email. Therefore, you obviously missed the part about the jumpseating not effecting pilots commuting to and from work. So on top of making a bunch of poor assumptions about me, you also jumped in feet first without having a clue what you are talking about. Nice job tough guy.

Mr Zog said:
I realize a lot of people think FedEx pilots are fortunate to work for a profitable company and should just be silent. I am going to be with this company for the next quarter of a century (god willing) and I have a large stake in how they treat us. We signed a contract in May of 1999 (albeit under what some may consider duress, but we did sign). We adhered to the contract for the past five years. A contract that was by industry standards well below par. During that time our company has experienced incredible growth and profitability. All I am asking is that the company negotiates with us in "good faith". Nothing more and nothing less. Just "good faith". If you think I am unreasonable fine. I could care less.

I'll buy that post. It's logical, coherent and has some validity. But to say the "Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends" is none of the above. That was my point.

Rock said:
"I have to agree with Mr. Zog. Obvoiusly you are not a commuter and quite frankly an imbecile. Are you a flight attendant?"

Well, lets see. I am 1. a commuter and 2. currently flying for FedEx. Since I am actually choosing to correspond with someone like you, I may well be an imbecile, so I'll give you 1 out of 3 on your assumptions. Based on your profile, I'll make the assumption you don't work for FedEx and haven't read the whole email. Therefore, you obviously missed the part about the jumpseating not effecting pilots commuting to and from work. So on top of making a bunch of poor assumptions about me, you also jumped in feet first without having a clue what you are talking about. Nice job tough guy.

Rock, you are missing the point. IT DOES EFFECT COMMUTING PILOTS WITH FEDEX. When we can't reciprocate with off-line companies, it does effect us.

Mr Zog said:
Rock, you are missing the point. IT DOES EFFECT COMMUTING PILOTS WITH FEDEX. When we can't reciprocate with off-line companies, it does effect us.

You'll always be welcome on SWA. We know you guys are trying to do whats right. Don't sweat it right now. We'll be waiting for you.

Everyone but klhoard. ;) I can't figure out that name. :confused:

TonyC said:
That single email came from the system chief pilot, but don't fool yourself, he's not top management.

The email was forwarded by the system chief pilot from Dave Rebholz, Executive Vice President for FedEx Express. That sounds like senior management to me. I'm not saying I like it. I think it sucks. But lets present the facts as they exist. Either the truth (the whole truth and nothing but the truth) is on our side, or it isn't.

SWAdude said:
You'll always be welcome on SWA. We know you guys are trying to do whats right. Don't sweat it right now. We'll be waiting for you.

Everyone but klhoard. ;) I can't figure out that name. :confused:

Thanks. It is just frustrating.

Last edited:
Mr Zog said:

No, I understand that. And I am eternally greatful to my airline bro's who have offered me a jumpseat despite our inability to reciprocate. But lets wait and see what the problem is this time. You can't whine that the company is jeapordizing security by not allowing captains to exercise their full authority to boot passengers, and then cry foul when the company identifies a security problem and suspends personal jumpseat travel. I am sure ALPA will be providing some additional insight in the very near future. Rather than tossing spears all over the internet, I prefer to let my union work the issue.

Jumpseats

Just a guess! But, could this not be a preparation for NWA being all messed up for a few days. I mean opening up as many seats as possible for our guys to get to work and deliver Fred's freight on time?? Just speculation!! I know spectacle is cheap!!

No Longer Waiting

waitinginline said:
Just a guess! But, could this not be a preparation for NWA being all messed up for a few days. I mean opening up as many seats as possible for our guys to get to work and deliver Fred's freight on time?? Just speculation!! I know spectacle is cheap!!

No Longer Waiting

I agree. The last thing the company wants to do is take away jumpseats from the rest of the employees.

Latest resources

Back