• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

YGTBSM - FedEx jumpseating suspended.

Mr Zog

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Posts
153
New e-mail from CP concerning jumpseats on FedEx are suspended indefinately. In 4 years FedEx still can't figure out security issues. Going to be a fun summer at FedEx. Glad we are in negotiations. Sorry, offline guys for our inept management when dealing with security and basic courtesy.
 
Last edited:

Mr Zog

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Posts
153
Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends. "People, Service, Profit" my A@#. I am going back to Cabo San Lucas. Call me when we have a new contract.
 

Rock

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
102
Total Time
2600
"Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends."

Yeah. I guess that big profit FedEx records every quarter is the result of poor service and late deliveries. Have fun in Cabo. It sounds like you could use a looong vacation.
 

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Posts
1,240
Total Time
15000+
Yeah. I guess that big profit FedEx records every quarter is the result of poor service and late deliveries. Have fun in Cabo. It sounds like you could use a looong vacation.

I have to agree with Mr. Zog. Obvoiusly you are not a commuter and quite frankly an imbecile. Are you a flight attendant?
 

Kav

Well-known member
Joined
May 18, 2002
Posts
61
Total Time
5600
Everyone here tripping over themselves to try to jump the gun and flame the company and everything else without even having the slightest bit of information on what the deal is... except for one single email from top management.

...Reminds me of the news media during the beginning of the last war... and every other slightest hint of local news out there. The race to be first... or "first to be wrong"

Are you sure that a couple of you guys aren't newscasters for CNN and Fox News?

...Yes.... I'm a commuter

...No... I'm not a FA

Patiently waiting for a little more info...

Kav
 

Mr Zog

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Posts
153
Rock said:
"Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends."

Yeah. I guess that big profit FedEx records every quarter is the result of poor service and late deliveries. Have fun in Cabo. It sounds like you could use a looong vacation.

I realize a lot of people think FedEx pilots are fortunate to work for a profitable company and should just be silent. I am going to be with this company for the next quarter of a century (god willing) and I have a large stake in how they treat us. We signed a contract in May of 1999 (albeit under what some may consider duress, but we did sign). We adhered to the contract for the past five years. A contract that was by industry standards well below par. During that time our company has experienced incredible growth and profitability. All I am asking is that the company negotiates with us in "good faith". Nothing more and nothing less. Just "good faith". If you think I am unreasonable fine. I could care less.
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
Mr Zog said:
I realize a lot of people think FedEx pilots are fortunate to work for a profitable company and should just be silent. I am going to be with this company for the next quarter of a century (god willing) and I have a large stake in how they treat us. We signed a contract in May of 1999 (albeit under what some may consider duress, but we did sign). We adhered to the contract for the past five years. A contract that was by industry standards well below par. During that time our company has experienced incredible growth and profitability. All I am asking is that the company negotiates with us in "good faith". Nothing more and nothing less. Just "good faith". If you think I am unreasonable fine. I could care less.
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Shareholders' meeting is September 26th - - Buy a hat, and be there. This is the time for us to count on each other to get it done.




:rolleyes:



To make myself perfectly clear - - What Mr Zog said is not ridiculous -- the actions of our employer are.
 

Mr Zog

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Posts
153
Kav said:
Everyone here tripping over themselves to try to jump the gun and flame the company and everything else without even having the slightest bit of information on what the deal is... except for one single email from top management.

...Reminds me of the news media during the beginning of the last war... and every other slightest hint of local news out there. The race to be first... or "first to be wrong"

Are you sure that a couple of you guys aren't newscasters for CNN and Fox News?

...Yes.... I'm a commuter

...No... I'm not a FA

Patiently waiting for a little more info...

Kav

For the past three years our company has bypassed ALPA in dealing with security concerns with airplanes and threatened Captians concerning authority over cabin jumpseats (to go as far as firing Captains for exercising Captain's authority for safety reasons). All this for one reason and one reason only. MONEY. The quickier they got BUSINESS jumpseats back, the quicker they save money. I noticed this e-mail didn't effect BUSINESS jumpseating, only personal jumpseats. WHY? If it is for safety why not suspend business jumpseats? As long as they have business jumpseating, the company could give a rat's a@#.
 
Last edited:

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
Kav said:
Everyone here tripping over themselves to try to jump the gun and flame the company and everything else without even having the slightest bit of information on what the deal is... except for one single email from top management.

Kav
That single email came from the system chief pilot, but don't fool yourself, he's not top management. That single email speaks volumes - - it's quite a bit more than "without even ... the slightest bit of information."

The deal is, personal jumpseats are suspended. Want to go somewhere on a FedEx jumpseat other than Memphis from your designated staging city? Tough darts. E - I - E - I - NO!

Wanna offer a jumpseat to your CASS interline colleague? How do you spell NO WAY?


Wanna take a vacation on the jumpseat? CAB - NO!


Get the picture?


I don't think we need any more info.



Sep 26 - Bring your hat!



.
 

Rock

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
102
Total Time
2600
"I have to agree with Mr. Zog. Obvoiusly you are not a commuter and quite frankly an imbecile. Are you a flight attendant?"

Well, lets see. I am 1. a commuter and 2. currently flying for FedEx. Since I am actually choosing to correspond with someone like you, I may well be an imbecile, so I'll give you 1 out of 3 on your assumptions. Based on your profile, I'll make the assumption you don't work for FedEx and haven't read the whole email. Therefore, you obviously missed the part about the jumpseating not effecting pilots commuting to and from work. So on top of making a bunch of poor assumptions about me, you also jumped in feet first without having a clue what you are talking about. Nice job tough guy.
 

Rock

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
102
Total Time
2600
Mr Zog said:
I realize a lot of people think FedEx pilots are fortunate to work for a profitable company and should just be silent. I am going to be with this company for the next quarter of a century (god willing) and I have a large stake in how they treat us. We signed a contract in May of 1999 (albeit under what some may consider duress, but we did sign). We adhered to the contract for the past five years. A contract that was by industry standards well below par. During that time our company has experienced incredible growth and profitability. All I am asking is that the company negotiates with us in "good faith". Nothing more and nothing less. Just "good faith". If you think I am unreasonable fine. I could care less.

I'll buy that post. It's logical, coherent and has some validity. But to say the "Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends" is none of the above. That was my point.
 

Mr Zog

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Posts
153
Rock said:
"I have to agree with Mr. Zog. Obvoiusly you are not a commuter and quite frankly an imbecile. Are you a flight attendant?"

Well, lets see. I am 1. a commuter and 2. currently flying for FedEx. Since I am actually choosing to correspond with someone like you, I may well be an imbecile, so I'll give you 1 out of 3 on your assumptions. Based on your profile, I'll make the assumption you don't work for FedEx and haven't read the whole email. Therefore, you obviously missed the part about the jumpseating not effecting pilots commuting to and from work. So on top of making a bunch of poor assumptions about me, you also jumped in feet first without having a clue what you are talking about. Nice job tough guy.

Rock, you are missing the point. IT DOES EFFECT COMMUTING PILOTS WITH FEDEX. When we can't reciprocate with off-line companies, it does effect us.
 

SWAdude

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Posts
634
Total Time
21,000
Mr Zog said:
Rock, you are missing the point. IT DOES EFFECT COMMUTING PILOTS WITH FEDEX. When we can't reciprocate with off-line companies, it does effect us.

You'll always be welcome on SWA. We know you guys are trying to do whats right. Don't sweat it right now. We'll be waiting for you.

Everyone but klhoard. ;) I can't figure out that name. :confused:
 

Rock

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
102
Total Time
2600
TonyC said:
That single email came from the system chief pilot, but don't fool yourself, he's not top management.
.

The email was forwarded by the system chief pilot from Dave Rebholz, Executive Vice President for FedEx Express. That sounds like senior management to me. I'm not saying I like it. I think it sucks. But lets present the facts as they exist. Either the truth (the whole truth and nothing but the truth) is on our side, or it isn't.
 

Mr Zog

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Posts
153
SWAdude said:
You'll always be welcome on SWA. We know you guys are trying to do whats right. Don't sweat it right now. We'll be waiting for you.

Everyone but klhoard. ;) I can't figure out that name. :confused:

Thanks. It is just frustrating.
 
Last edited:

Rock

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Posts
102
Total Time
2600
Mr Zog said:
Rock, you are missing the point. IT DOES EFFECT COMMUTING PILOTS WITH FEDEX. When we can't reciprocate with off-line companies, it does effect us.

No, I understand that. And I am eternally greatful to my airline bro's who have offered me a jumpseat despite our inability to reciprocate. But lets wait and see what the problem is this time. You can't whine that the company is jeapordizing security by not allowing captains to exercise their full authority to boot passengers, and then cry foul when the company identifies a security problem and suspends personal jumpseat travel. I am sure ALPA will be providing some additional insight in the very near future. Rather than tossing spears all over the internet, I prefer to let my union work the issue.
 

waitinginline

2AOFF1BONANDCHECKED
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Posts
45
Total Time
5000+1
Jumpseats

Just a guess! But, could this not be a preparation for NWA being all messed up for a few days. I mean opening up as many seats as possible for our guys to get to work and deliver Fred's freight on time?? Just speculation!! I know spectacle is cheap!!

No Longer Waiting
 

USNFDX

Purple Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Posts
328
Total Time
4000+
waitinginline said:
Just a guess! But, could this not be a preparation for NWA being all messed up for a few days. I mean opening up as many seats as possible for our guys to get to work and deliver Fred's freight on time?? Just speculation!! I know spectacle is cheap!!

No Longer Waiting

I agree. The last thing the company wants to do is take away jumpseats from the rest of the employees.
 
Top