YGTBSM - FedEx jumpseating suspended.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mr Zog

New e-mail from CP concerning jumpseats on FedEx are suspended indefinately. In 4 years FedEx still can't figure out security issues. Going to be a fun summer at FedEx. Glad we are in negotiations. Sorry, offline guys for our inept management when dealing with security and basic courtesy.

Last edited:
Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends. "People, Service, Profit" my A@#. I am going back to Cabo San Lucas. Call me when we have a new contract.

"Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends."

Yeah. I guess that big profit FedEx records every quarter is the result of poor service and late deliveries. Have fun in Cabo. It sounds like you could use a looong vacation.

Yeah. I guess that big profit FedEx records every quarter is the result of poor service and late deliveries. Have fun in Cabo. It sounds like you could use a looong vacation.

I have to agree with Mr. Zog. Obvoiusly you are not a commuter and quite frankly an imbecile. Are you a flight attendant?

Everyone here tripping over themselves to try to jump the gun and flame the company and everything else without even having the slightest bit of information on what the deal is... except for one single email from top management.

...Reminds me of the news media during the beginning of the last war... and every other slightest hint of local news out there. The race to be first... or "first to be wrong"

Are you sure that a couple of you guys aren't newscasters for CNN and Fox News?

...Yes.... I'm a commuter

...No... I'm not a FA

Patiently waiting for a little more info...

Kav

Rock said:
"Only thing our company can do "on-time" and correctly is issue stock options and dividends."

I realize a lot of people think FedEx pilots are fortunate to work for a profitable company and should just be silent. I am going to be with this company for the next quarter of a century (god willing) and I have a large stake in how they treat us. We signed a contract in May of 1999 (albeit under what some may consider duress, but we did sign). We adhered to the contract for the past five years. A contract that was by industry standards well below par. During that time our company has experienced incredible growth and profitability. All I am asking is that the company negotiates with us in "good faith". Nothing more and nothing less. Just "good faith". If you think I am unreasonable fine. I could care less.

Mr Zog said:
I realize a lot of people think FedEx pilots are fortunate to work for a profitable company and should just be silent. I am going to be with this company for the next quarter of a century (god willing) and I have a large stake in how they treat us. We signed a contract in May of 1999 (albeit under what some may consider duress, but we did sign). We adhered to the contract for the past five years. A contract that was by industry standards well below par. During that time our company has experienced incredible growth and profitability. All I am asking is that the company negotiates with us in "good faith". Nothing more and nothing less. Just "good faith". If you think I am unreasonable fine. I could care less.
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Shareholders' meeting is September 26th - - Buy a hat, and be there. This is the time for us to count on each other to get it done.

:rolleyes:

To make myself perfectly clear - - What Mr Zog said is not ridiculous -- the actions of our employer are.

Kav said:
Everyone here tripping over themselves to try to jump the gun and flame the company and everything else without even having the slightest bit of information on what the deal is... except for one single email from top management.

...Reminds me of the news media during the beginning of the last war... and every other slightest hint of local news out there. The race to be first... or "first to be wrong"

Are you sure that a couple of you guys aren't newscasters for CNN and Fox News?

...Yes.... I'm a commuter

...No... I'm not a FA

Patiently waiting for a little more info...

Kav

For the past three years our company has bypassed ALPA in dealing with security concerns with airplanes and threatened Captians concerning authority over cabin jumpseats (to go as far as firing Captains for exercising Captain's authority for safety reasons). All this for one reason and one reason only. MONEY. The quickier they got BUSINESS jumpseats back, the quicker they save money. I noticed this e-mail didn't effect BUSINESS jumpseating, only personal jumpseats. WHY? If it is for safety why not suspend business jumpseats? As long as they have business jumpseating, the company could give a rat's a@#.

Last edited:
Kav said:

Kav
That single email came from the system chief pilot, but don't fool yourself, he's not top management. That single email speaks volumes - - it's quite a bit more than "without even ... the slightest bit of information."

The deal is, personal jumpseats are suspended. Want to go somewhere on a FedEx jumpseat other than Memphis from your designated staging city? Tough darts. E - I - E - I - NO!

Wanna offer a jumpseat to your CASS interline colleague? How do you spell NO WAY?

Wanna take a vacation on the jumpseat? CAB - NO!

Get the picture?

I don't think we need any more info.

Sep 26 - Bring your hat!

Latest resources

Back