Yearly Rates... jBlu EMB190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
If the new hires go to the EMB-190 at the JFK base (?)---at those pay rates in the first year and second year as FO--they will have to rent a small room in a beat up house in Yonkers----and their landlord will be a J-Lo look-a-like who has a bigger butt and MORE ATTITUDE. She will constantly be asking them, "Yo, honey, I will kiss you all over if you can get me a free pass to Puerto Rico on your Fancy TV planes....., and give me some of those blue chips and I will make you blue all over...." I bet guys will be lining up for that!
Ok...maybe I don't agree with some of your opinions....but I laughed my a$$ off at that! I had a pretty frightening mental image to go along with it, too.... :eek:

Just talked with the President of Flight Operations here. No new hire will be forced to take the 190. They will have the opportunity to choose their airframe at hiring, however, if they pick the 320 their training date (and seniority) could be significantly delayed. How about them apples??? Those initially choosing the 190 could upgrade rapidly since there will be a fence protecting them to move up to the left seat. The initial bunch of 190 guys/gals will get typed on the aircraft so as to facilitate their upgrade. Hard to believe huh? So not such a bad deal after all!!!

An initial delay in training dates and seniority. So, to keep better seniority, most would have to bid the Emb-190--and if there weren't enough people bidding that plane--you could be stuck on it for a while if Jetblue gets 3 a month etc... Hmmm--and how long would the back up be if there was such a huge pay disperity? Could there be a year wait? That would be interesting....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Hey General,

There are a lot of folks out there that will take it. Maybe even some DELTA guys/gals.

True dat.

Everyone chill, it ain't a dun deal yet!!!

It is a management proposal and not accepted or implemented, yet. Yes, JB is non-union and it could be a forced issue. The delay of being hired and getting a seniority number could be a strong draw to make a new-hire accept it. There are still a lot of unemployed pilots that have been on the beach for a while.

I think many on this thread have been reactionary or have over reacted.

General Lee: if DAL management let out a press release suggesting a 50% pay cut for pilots, would it be unfair for others to go off saying you are pulling down the industry.....the rates are our doom....yada, yada, without waiting for a response from your pilot group?! Give the JB pilots some time to react and let's see how it plays out.

Bye Bye

Jeff

One list?

Sounds much more like a Crandall B scale (as the General mentioned) to me. Also, whatever happened to the one list concept for jetBlue? Fences, seat locks and lost seniority don't sound too much like one list to me.

Best of luck blue breathren.

FJ

American did come out with the "B scale" in the early to mid 80s, do you know why? It was a combative move against UAL. If you still do not understand, then take a look at what ole Dicky Ferris proposed, and what ALPA agreed to. It was known as the "Blue Skies" agreement.

AA

What????

BLUE BAYOU said:
Just talked with the President of Flight Operations here. No new hire will be forced to take the 190. They will have the opportunity to choose their airframe at hiring, however, if they pick the 320 their training date (and seniority) could be significantly delayed. How about them apples??? Those initially choosing the 190 could upgrade rapidly since there will be a fence protecting them to move up to the left seat. The initial bunch of 190 guys/gals will get typed on the aircraft so as to facilitate their upgrade. Hard to believe huh? So not such a bad deal after all!!!
Hey Blue Bayou...........um, are you serious, dude? Such a policy would be complete BS. It would just force new hires to make a Hobson's choice. Please don't try to put a positive spin on these ridiculously low EMB rates. No matter which airframe a new-hire "chooses", our fellow pilots will be flying this aircraft at pay rates which are simply unacceptable.

Latest resources

Back