• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yearly Rates... jBlu EMB190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JB pilots don't give half a crap about the so-called "profession" or anybody else behind them. They've got in early and will upgrade relatively quickly and make ok money. As far as the late comers go working for $50 an hour . . . F 'em. Just as bad as any senior legacy captain.

AA Pilot

I must have come across different than what I was thinking. I'll just say no, I am not impressed with those pay rates.

Those rates scare me sh!tless with Hunter & Co. in office.

Bayou

what the F***! Who the Hel* is going to want to leave a regional like ASA or Comair when thats what they make to fly the 70 seater. They would be much better off staying where they are. Man......Corprate is sounding better and better everyday. Is it really worth being away from home 300 hours a month, and flying 90 hours just to scrape by? Hell I have a friend who is a first yr Gulfstream Capt. at a 135 company who makes 90k. Works 15 days a month. Flys around 60. He stays in nice hotels, eats good food, and even has a rental car. The whole I want to wear and Airline uniform is starting to get real old.

I'll bet applications to SWA and AirTran will rise EVEN MORE (if that's possible)... This lets some of the air out of Jet Blue's tire - that's for sure...

"JB pilots don't give half a crap about the so-called "profession" or anybody else behind them. They've got in early and will upgrade relatively quickly and make ok money. As far as the late comers go working for $50 an hour . . . F 'em. Just as bad as any senior legacy captain."

While that may be said in anger, I will still call you on it! We, despite what you purport, are still professional aviators with a desire to see the right way for this profession. We do maintain a single seniority list, none of this mainline vs w/o's, like seen at U. Hopefully, we will never develop the holier than thou attitude, that seems prevalent with those issues.

Yes, I think a few people are a bit disillusioned by the EMB pay, personally, I was hoping it would be higher and I hope, as the aircraft and the company proves it will work, that the payrates will be adjusted UP.

We all want to fly Concordes for $1000 an hour, who knows, we may get there still, the only way to win that race, is to be in it.

No, we do all not want to fly the concorde for $1000 an hour!

But how about professional pay for professional job, this goes to everyone in flying. It is just as pathetic that Coex and Eagle pay Jetpilots startting out less than $20,000 a year.

It is hard to blame the JB guys, as you rightly said "you guys had no control over the pay issue, or will you ever". For your sake and ours I hope the rates are raised.

What is making me a little nervous is when LCC starting trying to undercut other LCC in pay.

Wishing the best for all of us as this industry continues to dip below the glide slope.

AA

Regional pilot pay will NOW be under scrutiny....

I just got back from a trip so this is the first time I have seen the new E190 payrates. My conclusion: I'm disappointed.... Wow, a strong, growing carrier like Jet Blue has UNDERwhelmed everyone with their new rates. I think this will have the most impact on the regional wages - especially those that are being negotiated right now (i.e., Coex). Of course, regionals that will be put under the spotlight soon if bankruptcy ocurrs (i.e., Comair and ASA) will also likely be judged according to this new BENCHMARK.

Jet Blue has now set the pay benchmark for the 100 seaters in the new LCC environment. Anything less than 100 seats will be compared instantly and proclaimed "non-competitive." If I were a regional pilot right now, I'd be really, really upset - this will limit your income potential going forward. Everyone will be compared with the Jet Blue rates - both the A320 on the mainline side and the E190 on the regional/mainline side (i.e., when Delta mainline flies the 100 seaters eventually). You thought USAirways was evil with its Midatlantic E170 rates - this is worse because it sets a benchmark for BOTH the 100 seat rates and regional rates in general... Ouch! People need to understand the negative implications in this case...

So, for all of you Comair and ASA guys out there who may face pay decreases (and any other regional pilot), don't blame Grinstein too much when your rates eventually decline, blame Neeleman at Jet Blue - the bench has now been lowered for EVERYONE... The race to the bottom continues.

Well said. I was very sorry to see those rates, I thought JBLU had a better handle on thier employee's and the compensation they recieve. Can we say "Union"?

Latest resources

Back