• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xpress Jet or Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO it wasn't. The EWR captain REP was very vocal in his displeaseure with it. Being that he and I were both based in MHT at the time I heard all about it from him. I do believe there were a couple (1 or 2) more reps that didn't like it. But I was pretty new at the time and still trying make sure I was sitting in the right direction by the end of the day. :D

dogg said:
so get you facts straight especially if you are going to go by the name Ben Franklin..........

Some of the greatest articles and letters that Benjamin Franklin ever wrote were completed using false information.

He also had an illegitimate child who had and illegitimate child who, then also had an illegitimte child.

Quit your barking, dogg

I was hired in late '96. Mesa and Trans States were offering legitimate interviews, we didn't have to pay for our jobs. I wouldn't have interviewed at certain companies if you paid me (would have still cost me more). Then I saw those same guys going to mainline on a new contract years later. I don't feel the same now. Maybe I should have, but they were losers to us back then. The industry and contracts are cyclical. Pilots all want to think that they are better then each other at the moment. Try looking at the big picture and remember that it all evens out in the end and in ten years I have yet have one of these conversations face to face. Beer settles all disputes.

This is soooooo Great

mckpickle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not trying to slam you here but this is the biggest reason that airlines try to keep us down. Because of these types of attitudes and expectations, or lack there of.

Point is we are airline professionals that are doing mainline flying.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I don't believe you are a professional. Your only goal is to criticize other people. You're bitter about something; family life, your job or maybe your dog realized how big of a jerk you are and he pissed on you. Whatever your situation is, you are certainly NOT a professional.

mckpickle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im 30
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm shocked, I would have guest 19-21.

PS. AMW (Mesa) has 7 people in the SWA pool, 2 of the 7 have a
Spring gs. I started AMW in Oct 2003, I was awarded Captain this month $28.72.

[

Wow, Ok soI'm not a professional, yet you are? And you get paid a total of 28.72/hr for your services? Well I'd say that is a resepectable wage for the responisbility you have.

Listen Jacka$$ go crawl back up JO's a$$. I don't have time to deal with ignorant morons like you. If you would like to debate the issues I'd be more than happy OR we can sit here calling each other names all day. Your choice.

Dear Mr. McDickle,

Do you ever have anything positive to say? I've got two degrees and an MBA. I'm not a PFTer like yourself. I've earned my way to this job, I didn't pay for it.

For such a well educated person I expected bit more creativity. I have made my point without stooping to calling you guys a bunch of useless whores.....on this thread anyway. I can be nice. I simply tried debating the issues and sheding light on what the MESA group did to 1. encourage others to never stoop to that leval and 2. So that people getting hired there know exactly what they are getting into.

If you look at the industry in 97 you will find that MOST regional airlines were PFT at the time. I did what everyone else did if they wanted a job. ANd then once there faught for a fair contract. And compared to what we had we got one.

You sir, did not even fight the fight if you were hired in Oct. Your ignorance shows because you want to stand up and defend the actions of your group. You will find that the majority of pilots equate the word MESA with sh1t. IE, I've got to take a wicked MESA! So if you want to debate the issues, educate yourself on the industry. Until then.........you are dismissed.

McDickle

Who needs to be creative? Let’s talk issues, you can’t even see that it is you and individuals like yourself that started this race towards the bottom. I’m shocked that you are so inept that you can’t understand the SIMPLE principles of supply and demand. If whores like yourself were made to get your ratings the hard way instead of rich daddy paying for it, then the race for the bottom would have never started. Your actions, not someone else created a surplus of pilots that just wanted to “Live the Dream” at any cost. You Sir, made it possible for people like JO to hire 250TT pilots. Your answer is, “Well everyone else was doing it, why not me”. My problem with you is you’re a PFT. You did something at the time that was considered wrong, but the he!! with everyone else, you were just looking out for number 1. You make me sick. I can’t stand hypocrites like you. You look down on Mesa and others that where put in an impossible situation while claiming to take the honorable stand. Where was this ignorant honor in 1997? You were saving your own a$$. So get off your high horse. What’s even more amazing, your company has more Scabs than all the other companies combined. That is the reason you are still in the right seat, no one wants to hire Express pilots. Before I end this post let’s get something straight, what I detest about you is not that you’re a PFTer. You and your company have done things in the past that have hurt the entire airline industry but you want to now place the blame on others. You started the race towards the bottom.

You guys are both making a$$es of yourselves. Futhermore, I disagree with both of you. McPickle, take a chill, man. If you read my rants when CHQ bent over & relaxed for their management, you'd know I agree with the content of your posts. However, you're getting a little out of hand. C150Heavy, there is a difference between PFTing and accepting a piss-poor contract. It's not much, though. Would you buy your 737 type for SWA? Would you cross a picket line? I hope to avoid doing the former, and I will never do the latter. Also, there is precisely one scab currently working for ExJet, and he's here courtesy of the flowback.

C150Heavy said:
I can’t stand hypocrites like you. You look down on Mesa and others that where put in an impossible situation while claiming to take the honorable stand.

Ok, MESA bent over and signed a $h!tty contract that at best lowered the bar for the rest of the industry.

Only when McPickle signs an industry lowering contract would he be considered a hypocrite.

You are comparing two different positions, C150

McPickle's was: Congratulations! you're hired, however, a condition of your employment is a part 121 SIC letter in the E-120/B-1900/ATR which you will be responisble for getting on your own (kinda sounds like SWA).

MESA's was: You already have a job and can see what everyone else is making, here's a crappy deal courtesy of JO that will lower the bar for everyone, WILL YOU SIGN IT?

PFT will come and go as the economy dictates and is no one's fault but airline management.

MESA's contract cannot be changed unless JO agrees to re-open it to negotiations and is the fault of every MESA pilot that voted "yes".

Latest resources

Back