• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see. I wasn't aware that NJA broke up the 15 day run. I had assumed correctly that XO ran you straight through and gave you 13 days off. Check your PM TBone.

Tier 2 domiciles are determined on a case by case basis. The main requirement is that it be near an airport with reasonable airline service. Only the 15/13 schedule is available at a Tier 2 domicile. Either the 15/13 or 8/6 schedule are available at our Tier 1 domiciles.

As for comparing it with NetJets' 15-day rotation...they are TOTALLY different schedules. Where NetJets has rules about how the 15 day month is broken up, the XOJet rotation is 15 days straight thru, followed by 13 straight days off. While it's not for everyone, the guys that are on it really like it. The extended period of days off and living where they want are worth the sacrifice of being gone for 15 days.

Hi!

The 15 day tour is a MAX of 5 days. After a tour on the 15 day schedule, the MIN days off is 3.

cliff
YIP

Does anyone know where the NY base is?

It's not anyone particular airport. You could probably consider anything from IAD-ILG-PHL-EWR-TEB-LGA-HPN-SWF as part of the New York domicile. We fly into and out of those airports all the time, and most have good airline service, making it easy to get you on your way to one of our airplanes. Just like our Southern California base. It's centered around VNY, but it includes San Diego and Riverside...with pretty much the entire LA basin within it's boundary.

As we grow, our domicile definitions have become very accomodating. The Sacramento base now includes Reno. And those guys in Reno rarely have to drive to Sacramento...they seem to airline our of RNO all the time when going on rotation. It works out pretty well for them.

Bottom line, don't make any assumptions based on our list of domiciles. If you successfully interview, the company will more than likely work with you...as long as you don't live 5 hours away from the nearest suitable airport!

How many crews per plane does XOJet usually use? I think I read that you have 20 crews for 15 birds. Is that the approximate staffing level? Seems a little low from the outside.

How many crews per plane does XOJet usually use? I think I read that you have 20 crews for 15 birds. Is that the approximate staffing level? Seems a little low from the outside.

How in the world do you infer that because we used 20 crews on a single day to keep our 15 airplanes flying that 20 crews is all we have??? Where in that previous statement did I mention how many crews were at home watching football or mowing the lawn while those 15 airplanes were flying? Did I say anything that would lead anyone but yourself to believe that we didn't have a single pilot enjoying a day off on that particular day?

I could give you an accurate pilots/airplane answer, but I'm almost positive you'll find a way to take my statement out of context. So what's the point?

How in the world do you infer that because we used 20 crews on a single day to keep our 15 airplanes flying that 20 crews is all we have??? Where in that previous statement did I mention how many crews were at home watching football or mowing the lawn while those 15 airplanes were flying? Did I say anything that would lead anyone but yourself to believe that we didn't have a single pilot enjoying a day off on that particular day?

I could give you an accurate pilots/airplane answer, but I'm almost positive you'll find a way to take my statement out of context. So what's the point?

Sorry for the question! I realize how dumb it sounds now. I guess you thought I was attacking you from your response. It was just a dumb question out of curiousity and I obviously did not think about it before I posted it. I'll make sure I don't take any other responses out of context.

Sioux

More than one crew/day per airplane..

When you guys use more than one crew per airplane/day, what happens to the crew that flew the first part of that day? Are they airlined to a different plane to fly the following day? Is it ususally common practise by the company to keep the same crew on the same airplane for the entire tour, or do you have a different setup than the other fraxs seem to do it?

/flyzimex

It all depends on where you are when the new crew takes your airplane. If it's in TEB, then chances are there will be another airplane along soon that you'll be assigned to. If you're someplace where you won't be needed anytime soon, then you'll either be airlined to the next city where the need for a surge crew is anticipated, you'll hang out for a day or 2, or they'll airline you back to one of our MX bases. It is very rare that you'll stay with one airplane for an entire tour. This is the reason why your QOL will be much better if you live in one of our MX bases. They won't airline you home to Timbuktu when there's an airplane that will need a crew in MCC once its inspections are complete. Living in a MX base will result in getting home occasionally during your tour.

BTW, I think the # is somewhere around 4.7 pilots/airplane. But that # is expected to increase as our vacation policy takes effect in 2008 and increases the need for higher staffing levels.

T-Bone, were you in HPN today?
I had an XOJet X parked beside me @ avitat
Unfortunately I didnt get to say hi to the crew, as my pax showed up about the same time.

Latest resources

Back