• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am going to be living in Orlando in Feb. Will they let me use a crash pad address in Miami so that I can have a 8/6 schedule? I want to work there but I won't do a 15/13 sched.
Thanks

Over.

I am going to be living in Orlando in Feb. Will they let me use a crash pad address in Miami so that I can have a 8/6 schedule? I want to work there but I won't do a 15/13 sched.
Thanks

Over.

Is Orlando within 100-ish miles of Miami? If no, then no dice. If yes, then enjoy your 8/6 schedule.

Get an interview and ask that question to the guys that make the policy. They may be willing to work with you. Reno is part of the Sacramento base to include our 2 guys living up there, so they may be willing to draw the radius around Miami to include your house too. :)

Hey t-bone, had a friend go through INDOC last week and wanted to know if you met him. Thanks again for all the good info that you post on the board. He was agreeing with everything you have said. He told me that they had over 900 something applications for about 58 slots this year!?! Thought the odds were steep before I heard that, but now I KNOW the odds are up there. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The wait looks loooooooooong!!!!!!!!!

they had over 900 something applications for about 58 slots this year!?!

Referring to a statement made by XOJET's DO I read in one of the articles posted on their website, "about 100 pilots interviewed to fill 10 slots", I guess quite a few of those 900 will be called this year.. ;)

/FlyZimex

Yeah about 600 or so huh! I doubt they will interview that many for 58 spots but I guess you never know. I just want a shot at one!

Hey Cherry, do you fly out of Addison? I went to flight school there some ten years ago and am now back in the area..
/FlyZimex

I ask this question with caution of getting my head chewed off. Does anyone know what the competitive times are for being hired minus an internal recommendation or what the recruiters are looking for in interviewees? I would assume without a rec. you would need more experience to stand out.

Thanks
Sioux

Yeah Mex, I'm based at ADS, everyone at Cherry is for the most part. Were did you do your training at, AF, Monarch, or Henly's. I know there used to be more but I can't remember what they were. I did some training at Monarch and twisted wrenches there off and on for 2 1/2 years or so. Who do you fly for now in Dallas?

Soiux, I don't think you need a lot of time to stand out (from what I've heard). Mins plus 1000 I would think would be competitive. It really matters on the type of flight time you have (from what I've heard). I know that they like 135 on demand time (I got lots of that) and 91 time with passenger flying. They still don't like hiring airline guys looking for a bail out job (from what I've heard).

I should have just waited for t-bone to post up what he thinks. I did just have a friend go through INDOC last week and thats what he was telling me. Hope this helps some.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back