Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few more questions

T-Bone,

Thanks for all the information. I do have a couple more questions.

The 8 days of vacation. Do you get any extra time on the beginning and end? For example, do you get 6 OFF/8 VAC/6 OFF for a total of 20 days off? Our 5 days of vacation at Flex is actually 13 due to extra days on both ends.

Are you allowed to change bases? For example, DFW to DEN?

Is the pay a daily guarantee or monthly salary?

Thanks

T-Bone,

Thanks for all the information. I do have a couple more questions.

The 8 days of vacation. Do you get any extra time on the beginning and end? For example, do you get 6 OFF/8 VAC/6 OFF for a total of 20 days off? Our 5 days of vacation at Flex is actually 13 due to extra days on both ends.

Are you allowed to change bases? For example, DFW to DEN?

Is the pay a daily guarantee or monthly salary?

Thanks

The vacation policy will allow you to take the next rotation off, 6/8/6 off, for a total of 20 off. I'm not sure if we'll be able to break the 8 days up in half to get 2 10-day vacations. Hopefully that's an option.

Yes, you can change bases. Just let the company know where you're moving to.

Pay is now an annual salary with extra pay for overtime. Overtime is paid at 1.5 daily rate. I'd say 10-15% over your base salary is reasonable. I made 16% extra and still was home enough to lose my platinum status at Marriot...not that I'm complaining! Living near one of our mx facilities will get you home MUCH more often than if you live elsewhere.

Thanks for the quick response.

Do you find yourself doing a lot of airport standby, ready reserve, whatever you wish to call it?

Also, you said all your operations are done under 135. Are there any plans to go to 91K for some ops?

One more, do you all have dispatchers or do the pilots have to handle flight planning and hotel reservations?

Thanks.

By the way, is DT from IDE still with you all?
Just curious being an ex-Indy guy myself.

Is XOjet hiring for the 300 yet? Are all the X folks wanting to go over to the 300?

Not yet. There are a few that I know want to go over, myself included, but I'm not sure what the majority of the group wants. The company can't have a mass exodus of all our highly experienced 10 pilots, so there will be some incentives ($$$) to stay put.

Do you find yourself doing a lot of airport standby, ready reserve, whatever you wish to call it?

Also, you said all your operations are done under 135. Are there any plans to go to 91K for some ops?

One more, do you all have dispatchers or do the pilots have to handle flight planning and hotel reservations?

Thanks.

By the way, is DT from IDE still with you all?
Just curious being an ex-Indy guy myself.

Not much airport standby. We typically don't start moving towards the airport until the trip has booked. If there's a chance we may have another trip in addition to the trip we just finished, we'll hang out for awhile or go get lunch and see what happens. But the company doesn't require that we stay at the FBO until our 14 hours of duty are up. If the trip doesn't book, then we head for the hotel.

Yes, all ops are done to 135 standards. Our empty flights are technically part 91, but we meet 135 perfomance and weather requirements for everything we do. No 91k yet, but there are some definite advantages of that when it comes to International ops (cabbatoge) and the people that are responsible for obtaining 91k ops authority are well aware of the advantages it would bring.

We have dispatchers, but they aren't doing flight plans just quite yet. They can help the crew if needed. As it is now, the crew uses ARINC via phone or internet to file flight plans. We do have an SOC (System Operational Control) that is looking ahead at weather and other issues that may affect a flight long before the crew is even assigned, so it makes the crew's job that much easier. Hotels, rental cars and airline tickets are all taken care of by our Flight Services and Crew Resources teams. And yes, we (the pilots) get to keep all of those points!

Yes, DT still works here. Great guy!

T-bone,

I apped about a week and a half before Christmas, haven't heard anything yet. I'm anticipating a minimum of a couple of months, but I'm wondering if my times are competitive: 3,500 TT, 2,200 ME, 2,000 jet, 900 jet PIC. I don't have an internal rec (don't know anybody there) but I already live in one of their bases. Do I have a realistic shot or do you think I won't be competitive without the rec?

Thx! I know you probably get a lot of these type questions.

T-bone,

I apped about a week and a half before Christmas, haven't heard anything yet. I'm anticipating a minimum of a couple of months, but I'm wondering if my times are competitive: 3,500 TT, 2,200 ME, 2,000 jet, 900 jet PIC. I don't have an internal rec (don't know anybody there) but I already live in one of their bases. Do I have a realistic shot or do you think I won't be competitive without the rec?

Thx! I know you probably get a lot of these type questions.

I think you're very competitive. Just make sure you update your online stuff regularly, the updates get noticed. Cessna just moved up a delivery on us, so we're now getting 3 10s this quarter when we were only expecting 2. The scramble to fill classes has begun!

Updated this morning. Original app was posted 12/14 of last year. Crossing my fingers and hoping for a call. Would give my left nut for an internal rec, but don't know a soul. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back