• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XLS+ at Netjets and Citationshares - Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...BTW, you should be nice to this Regional Captain since he may be flying you to your week long boring standby in Burlington next tour...

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think you got this one backwards. The regional Captain and yourself should be thanking Netjets for being one of your biggest paying customers...

+1 T-1

WTF Is wrong with airline people? They all think they are so great and that their paying customers owe them respect and gratitude. They should be grateful every day that they have a job due to all the pilots, businesspeople and vacationers who buy tickets. We owe them [email protected]. And I am sick of their attitude. I get better treatement even at McDonalds and Wal-Mart.

Hey look, Yosemite actually answered Johnsonrod's questions, which was very nice of him. It is amazing that you could not, or would not. I think you need an attitude adjustment, and you should think about it while sitting at your FBO hot standby. BTW, your quote above says "You are are a moron." Flusterd MUCH?

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, I'm fine. I'm not flustered at all, attitude is good, just sick of people like you that think they know something vomiting their BS onto the message boards. BTW, you are still a moron. Go back to the major's board and spout off there.

yosemite said:
Biggest disappointment to me personally is that they did not build a similar wing to the Soveriegn or Encore+. There is no change on speed limitations as built and with a new wing, it could have been a .80 airplane... the one failing of this jet.

I beat on Cessna folks A LOT about that when we were taking delivery of our new jet this spring. Cessna loves derivative airframes, so taking the XLS fuselage & engines and putting a wing somewhere in between the Sovereign and the CJ4 would allow it to have higher speeds and longer range without compromising too much on its field capability.

That fuselage with a 2000nm+ range while going .78-.80M would sell like hotcakes if the price point stayed in the 12-13M ballpark.

The folks at Cessna said something about a recession, job cuts, a better-performing Excel infringing on Sovereign sales, something about a "Super-X", and how the CJ4 will be all that and a bag of potato chips.

Last edited:
The Encore+ is a pretty sweet avionics setup

The Pro Line 21 setup is nice. Sadly, no more new EP's for NetJets or others given that Cessna is longer building them.

But back to your regularly-scheduled thread. We'll have to see when (if?) NetJets ever takes XLS+'s.

I think you got this one backwards. The regional Captain and yourself should be thanking Netjets for being one of your biggest paying customers...

That is one thing that I think is so ironic, and funny at the same time. You NJA guys love to bash airline people, yet you have to fly on us at least twice a tour. Sure, you get Rudy's beef tenderloin when you are sitting at TEB, but on us you get biskoff cookies if you don't get the upgrade to first class originally....... and, Netjet's is looking for the cheapest walkup fare they can get, and that often means you need to traverse through hubs instead of going nonstop to your home. You know I am right! Have a great one, and listen to the stew please when she asks you if you speak English and can perform the duties sitting next to an emergency exit. Also, don't be afraid to wave at me from the terminal window, I am the FO in that large 767 nuzzled close to the window. I may even wave back.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
+1 T-1

WTF Is wrong with airline people? They all think they are so great and that their paying customers owe them respect and gratitude. They should be grateful every day that they have a job due to all the pilots, businesspeople and vacationers who buy tickets. We owe them [email protected]. And I am sick of their attitude. I get better treatement even at McDonalds and Wal-Mart.

Some of the cockiest pilots I have ever met were some NJA people who got first class upgrades and got all hoity toity, expecting the same service their billionaire customers get after they pay millions to get it. (buying a share in a F2TH) Well, thanks to Congress, more executives are flying airlines again, and pushing you back to coach, which is unfortunate I guess. Hey, how many times have you BOUGHT a ticket while flying for Netjets? You yourself, actually buying it? Face it, Netjets is looking for the cheapest walkup fare they can find, and you don't always get to go home nonstop. Get off your high horse and please board when your zone is called.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
That is one thing that I think is so ironic, and funny at the same time. You NJA guys love to bash airline people, yet you have to fly on us at least twice a tour. Sure, you get Rudy's beef tenderloin when you are sitting at TEB, but on us you get biskoff cookies if you don't get the upgrade to first class originally....... and, Netjet's is looking for the cheapest walkup fare they can get, and that often means you need to traverse through hubs instead of going nonstop to your home. You know I am right! Have a great one, and listen to the stew please when she asks you if you speak English and can perform the duties sitting next to an emergency exit. Also, don't be afraid to wave at me from the terminal window, I am the FO in that large 767 nuzzled close to the window. I may even wave back.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The vast majority of NJA folks don't act like you just described.
Should I view all Delta pilots as idiots just because of the few disingenuous, ignorant posts of General Lee?
Nope.
I would rather consider this as a clear demonstration of another anonymous idiot in search of a village.
Rudy's tenderloin? LMAO :)
I'd much rather be at home with family and friends, you can suck up all the glory you need in that 767 :rolleyes:.

Hey, how many times have you BOUGHT a ticket while flying for Netjets? You yourself, actually buying it?

At least a couple of times a month. The company books me a refundable flight home on Delta, and I cancel it in accordance with our contract. I then take that money and buy myself a ticket home on Alaska, an airline that genuinely appreciates our business.

Latest resources

Back