• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do they let you go home every weekend during the ground school portion? I read somewhere that you were only given 2 passes per month, then I've heard others say they encourage people to go home on the weekends and provide positive space travel for such.

if you take a laptop... DO NOT leave it in the hotel room and make sure you put the do not disturb sign on your room when you are not there.

Unless they changed it since I went through training earlier this year, you can go home whenever you like, positive space. I don't know of any other regional that does this, and it is worth it's weight in gold, especially if you're married and have kids.

Most people in my class went home on the first weekend, which is between indoc and CRM. Systems begins in the middle of the second week. Most stayed for the second weekend because the following monday the FTDs start. Afterwards, it's a matter of your what your sim schedule is. I went home every chance I got. I found it was important to clear the mind every so often.

As far as the laptop, my sim partner left his in his room and never had a problem. It's your call, but you're going to have enough crap to lug around the training center without having to a laptop.

hey, im just curious.....why would they want you to memorize the flows for both captain and fo's? are you getting typed in the airplane during initial? i cant see too many 600-800 hour guys passing a captain's ride in a jet when the biggest thing they have flown to this point is a seminole......? It's gonna be hard enough to work on the one side of the airplane you have responsibility for....why worry about the captain's side?

HTML:
why would they want you to memorize the flows for both captain and fo's?

because you will more than likely be sim partners with a fellow newhire and have to flip the switches the captain would.

SMOE said:
I just finished my FAM ride last night and start IOE this Friday. The company and the plane rock!

Did you do your FAM flight at MAF? Where are they doing them these days?

mmmdonut said:
Did you do your FAM flight at MAF? Where are they doing them these days?

Yep! Midland is still there. Somewhat of a ghost town by all appearances. Half the class went there and the other half to Lubbuck. My training partner and I were lucky, no wx or mx issues even though FSS said it was supposed to snow. It was a hoot flying an ERJ sans passengers with 11,000lbs of gas!

hbrow15 said:
HTML:
why would they want you to memorize the flows for both captain and fo's?

because you will more than likely be sim partners with a fellow newhire and have to flip the switches the captain would.

You will be partnered with another FO new-hire and will spend half of your time in the left seat. Life goes much easier for both of you if you know the CA flows...

Thanks for the reply SMOE, that helps alot! Do you also need to know the 135 flows? Sounds like the training is great.

maxcackel said:
Thanks for the reply SMOE, that helps alot! Do you also need to know the 135 flows? Sounds like the training is great.
135 flows are the same. Only difference is the wt/bal wheel. Make sure you have the correct wt/bal wheel before doing any a/c training. Just a friendly word of advice. I haven't run into any problems with having the wrong wheel.

Enjoy training. Life gets better out on the line!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back