XJT Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyeys

I head to training at ExpressJet pretty soon and I wanted to see if there was anybody who has gone through the training recently and how it was. I have heard that it is pretty well run at the training center and from what I saw at the interview I would agree. I am more curious as to what it is like at the hotel during the times you are not at the training center.

Flyeys said:
I head to training at ExpressJet pretty soon and I wanted to see if there was anybody who has gone through the training recently and how it was. I have heard that it is pretty well run at the training center and from what I saw at the interview I would agree. I am more curious as to what it is like at the hotel during the times you are not at the training center.
Hope you do well and have fun at Xjet. Just a question, how do you have time in the CRJ-200 with 800 hours? No flaiming here............

A little too cocky to be advertising CRJ sim time. You have a lot training in front of you. You must be from riddle!

Not trying to come across as cocky and no, not from riddle(although I do know some people that go there and they are about as cocky as they come, they think that the name of a school automatically makes you the best pilot out there). I am very aware of the training I have ahead of me and I am going to have a great time doing it. As far as having low time for a CRJ, I have several friends who fly for a regional and have less than 600 hours.

I've seen guys with 600 hours excel at CRJ training and I've seen guys with 10 years of jet flying fukc it up. Prior 121 definitely helps from what I see but it's not all there is too it. Imagine if the military made you get 2500TT before letting you fly any of their jets. I'm not suggesting everybody with 600hrs should be flying for an airline, quite the opposite, but I don't think it's fair to make the assumption that low time guys will automatically struggle.

Flyeys said:
Not trying to come across as cocky and no, not from riddle(although I do know some people that go there and they are about as cocky as they come, they think that the name of a school automatically makes you the best pilot out there). I am very aware of the training I have ahead of me and I am going to have a great time doing it. As far as having low time for a CRJ, I have several friends who fly for a regional and have less than 600 hours.
good luck with your training. Let us know how it goes.

Flyeys said:

The Holliday Inn isn't the best place to stay but I've stayed at much worse. Free breakfast buffet and 15% off the rest of the menu for XJet folks. There's not much around the hotel so for variety, walk down to the Hyatt. They have a pretty decent bar and grill there as well. There's a refrigerator list, sign up for one but there's no rhym or reason as to how they are handed out. Just keep bugging the front desk and miraculously, one will appear in your room. Roommates are randomly assigned so its luck of the draw but in my class it appeared everyone got along just fine. There's two washers and dryers on the second floor which are always in use but, I found out towards the end of my stay, there are also a set on the fourth floor most folks don't know about. Finally, there is a paper tiger on the fifth floor that really came in handy for practicing flows.
Good luck with the training. I just finished my FAM ride last night and start IOE this Friday. The company and the plane rock!

Latest resources

Back