• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you SMOE for the input. Best of luck to you during IOE. I would love to have a 'fridge in my room so I will definetly push for that. You answered the other question I had about laundry, so thank you again!

How long did it take to get the interview after you applied? How long to get a class after you were hired?

Thanks!

Riddle

mmmdonut said:
MAPD..... Not all Riddle people are cocky.
I also wanted to tell a story about how I was grounded at the jet center in daytona for weather during a cross country for commercial and a couple riddle guys helped me study for the upcoming checkride. Very nice people who helped me out a lot! So I suppose every flight school has it's bad apples, but for the most part I am sure that the folks coming from riddle are alright.

Interview

Mallard said:
How long did it take to get the interview after you applied? How long to get a class after you were hired?

Thanks!
I waited just over a month after I applied until the phone interview. Class dates are given to new hires based on availability. Everybody that was hired with me recieved the same class date,Dec6th(just under a month from interview date). I do know that XJT's classes are filled until the middle of February but they are still hiring a lot. To answer your question, it just depends on when you interview for the class date you recieve.

A "Paper Tiger" or Paper Trainer is a life size cardboard replica of the flight deck used to practice flows and learn to find your way around a new flight deck.

I have a couple more questions.
What flows do you need to know b/f you start training? more specificaly do you need to know both 145 and 135 and do you need to know both captain and FO for them?
when do you get paid your per diem? all at once at the end or during the training?
Also, do the hotel rooms have a microwave in them?

maxcackel said:
I have a couple more questions.
What flows do you need to know b/f you start training? more specificaly do you need to know both 145 and 135 and do you need to know both captain and FO for them?
when do you get paid your per diem? all at once at the end or during the training?
Also, do the hotel rooms have a microwave in them?

You need to start studying the flows and callouts (both CA and FO) before training starts as well as limitations and memory items (emergency procedures). If you start before training, you will have them down by the time FTD sessions start during week three. This is where the paper tiger really comes in handy. Also get a small (3 or 4) study group going. You'll be amazed at how much the group dynamic enhances your knowledge recall.

Right now it will appear to be an overwhelming amount of information to know, and it doesn't let up all through the course. But once training is over, you'll look back and see it wasn't that hard afterall. ;-)

Your given your per diem check (one lump sum) the first week. Its not electronically deposited so have a plan for cashing/deposting it before you get there.

The rooms don't have microwaves but there is one on the third floor.

Lastly, if you bring a laptop, they have wireless service available in some of the rooms and the lobby. They charge way too much for the service but if you confront them about the charges (nicely) some of the clerks will give you a password for free.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back