XJT Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
start earlier

XJT called me to see if I wanted to start Dec 13th rather than Jan. 3rd. I asked If I was going to be off on the holidays and they said no. So I decided to start the 3rd. 'cause I dont know when is it going to be the next time that I have Xmas off.

Call 'em back man. Seniority is everything. You'll be kicking yourself int he @ss when the guys in the Dec 13th class get the lines, bases and equipment you want months or years ahead of you.

Besides, CHRISTmas and New Years are on Saturday's this year. You'll be off on those days.

Last edited:
Training is a Holiday(Everyday is Christmas)

donvag said:
XJT called me to see if I wanted to start Dec 13th rather than Jan. 3rd. I asked If I was going to be off on the holidays and they said no. So I decided to start the 3rd. 'cause I dont know when is it going to be the next time that I have Xmas off.
I agree, take the 13th. They told everybody in my interview class that we will be off on X-mas for sure but they are not sure about New years. My class date is Dec. 6th. If I had to guess I would say that we will at least get the weekend off for the holidays but hopefully they will throw in a friday or a monday also. Good luck in training.

Well I'll have to look at the book again but I think it shows the 135 with a single FMS and different flows. Did I look at it wrong?

Actually, there are single and dual fms 135's and 145's at XJT. Not a big deal to adjust for that. The bottom line is that there are basically two cockpits at XJT: the single and the dual fms arrangement. It doesn't matter if it is a 135 or a 145.

There are also some with the ISIS standby vs. the 3 round standby dials. That shouldn't pose a problem for anyone as far as flows are concerned.

Rook said:
What are the upgrade times looking like these days at XJT?

Rook
Its hard to say with the whole flowback issue...Most guys holding captain now are 2000 hires but most of them may still be a bit more junior than they were when they were hired because of the flowback issue. But soon all of those guys (the flowbacks from CAL) are headed home plus another 112 on top of that...so it could be a quick upgrade or at least quick easy seniority for quite a few. If you are instructing and want a job at a regional for whatever reason I would go to XJT. Good luck to all genuinely interested!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back