XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cynic,

Thanks for doing us all a favor by not becoming a professional pilot. (Although the word professional could probably never apply to you) It's one less c0ck smoker to deal with!

cynic said:
So explain how I'm wrong and pilots at XJET have no culpability here?

Your lack of understanding of this industry is amazing. Perhaps you should spend more time educating yourself on the culture than spouting your "holier than thou" garbage.

You are continually throwing a 6 year old turboprop contract in the face of a pilot group that has spent the last 2+ years to raise the bar for this all jet fleet. Either you're a moron for ignoring the status of this pilot group/company or just a plain ol' as5. Which is it?

cynic said:
And what’s wrong with a diamond star anyway? Glass panel, good gas mileage, snappy controls…

Your critical of pilot incomes and you blew $200,000 on that?

Last edited:
cynic said:
You guys need to watch Dr. Phil. MAybe subscribe to O magazine?

You teach people how to treat you. What did you teach the company when you accepted $17,500 a year?
So we are to never expect an increase in pay rates or quality of life? Your doctor, lawyer, dentist, hair stylist, and local hardware store clerk have all enjoyed a wage increase in the past 7 years. I guess we should be expected to live on 90's prop pay while we're flying coast to coast for mainline characters.

Nope. Not gonna do that. Piss off you pu$$y.

cynic said:
And what’s wrong with a diamond star anyway? Glass panel, good gas mileage, snappy controls…
It's a piece of plastic sh1t.

Thank you so much for turning the job down (yeah right)

TIps

well maybe it is time for the airlines to add a gratuity line to the bottom of their credit slips. Or hey, why don't we put a tip jar at the front of the plane?

But it is kind of a real downer that pilots get paid less than, well, just about everybody else.

AviatorTx said:
Mesa and sh*taco did most of the damage.
If your next contract sucks it's your own fault. Not Chautaqua's, or even Mesa's for that matter. (I never thought I'd be sticking up for Mesa)
If Mgmt offers a sh!tty contract... then walk, and you'll have our support.

I fly for CHQ and I'm sick of being berated by people like AviatorTx. I started after the current contract was signed.

By the way, nice touch with the banner-tow over the CAL corporate regatta -- bravo.

Regards

Afixedwing said:
If your next contract sucks it's your own fault. Not Chautaqua's, or even Mesa's for that matter. (I never thought I'd be sticking up for Mesa)
I'm sorry, but with all due respect, this just isn't the case. Pattern bargaining is just that - a pattern. Pre-9/11, airlines such as Air Wisconsin, ACA, Comair, and Horizon raised the bar with each successive contract. After 9/11, each ratified agreement settled well south of the "bar," thus causing a new "bar" to form - the post-9/11 bar unfortunately. Since 9/11, not one pilot group has topped Comair.

There are a set amount of 50-seat carriers bidding on a finite amount of feed. We are all outsourced providers of lift and if you think for a minute that the agreements settled by Mesa and CHQ (and contract extension at Skywest allowing them to fly 90 seaters at 50 seat rates) didn't affect the Air Wisconsin concessionary deal as well as the ACA deal, then you are sorely misled. Airlines in this environment are simply not incentivized to make proposals that they don't have to make. As long as someone is willing to do your job for less, then you have less leverage at the bargaining table, especially in the current political/economic bargaining environment.

Afixedwing said:
If Mgmt offers a sh!tty contract... then walk, and you'll have our support.
Not quite as simple as "if management offers a sh!tty contract, then walk." There is law that we all work under called the Railway Labor Act (RLA). I'm not sure how familiar you are with the RLA or the National Mediation Board (NMB), but neither the RLA nor the NMB allow for a pilot group to simply "walk" if they don't like management's offers.

-Neal

Wow, you guys don't get...

Its not that pilots shouldn't be paid more, there we can agree. I think the starting salaries should be well over 40K a year.

Its that because of YOU they won't be paid more.

cynic said:
Wow, you guys don't get...

Its not that pilots shouldn't be paid more, there we can agree. I think the starting salaries should be well over 40K a year.

Its that because of YOU they won't be paid more.
Yes, you must be right, it is all my fault. Let me go ahed and write you a check for the difference between your paycheck and what you think you should be getting. Or better yet, perhaps I should just go ahed and quit the job that I just started, so that I can clear my conscience.

Latest resources

Back