XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nova said:
You're right, the scab list shows the solidarity of over 5000 regional airline pilots. Oops, scratch that, make that MAJOR airline pilots.
Yeah, solidarity shown as all 5000 of them would be happy to cross a picket line.

MAJOR airline pilots still making COMMUTER airline pilot wages.

The only reason some of these little airlines are considered majors, is because the COMPANY is making the money, not the pilots.

Last edited:
DirkkDiggler said:
If you're going to throw around big words, make sure you know what they mean!
A scab and one who PFT's are one in the same. Both would be happy to screw someone out of honest work just to get ahead. A scab would PFT and a PFT would scab.

VABB said:
A scab and one who PFT's are one in the same. Both would be happy to screw someone out of honest work just to get ahead. A scab would PFT and a PFT would scab.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. You may hate them as if they are scabs but that doesn't make them scabs. Use words correctly and you will have much more influence on people. It's amazing how far an education will get you.

VABB said:
You sir, have lost what little credibility you had with that post.

Last edited:
VABB said:
Thanks for changing this industry from a profession to a vocation.
I trust that you are hitting the public speaking tours, going to the high schools, flight schools and otherwise mounting a huge, nation-wide public educational campaign about the plight of the airline industry?

Education about our profession is something that I agree with and support, so if you're not out there volunteering to help bring our issues to light at all levels of the game, then consider yourself a scab, too as you continue take what money you can get from this industry without trying to effect any positive change.

But I suspect that you really just have a big, fat peni$ in your mouth anyways.

VABB said:
ALL RIGHT, A STRIKE!!!!

Are you guys going to actually strike for something decent or roll over like the Comair guys did?

why don't you go into Comair's crewroom and say that? BTW I don't think anyone should take this guy seriously. He's probably an XJT guy wanting to get everybody fired up. But seriously though he just registered last month. Thats probably his own personal flame moniker. He uses Vabb as flame bait. Just my 2 cents. And Vabb, if you are serious goto h*ll.

While I think cynic is sort a dumb, he does have a point. As us scumbags at Mesaba can remember, we were given a TA that was no where near industry leading and just barely industry average. (pay) It passed by 2/3. Pilots are for sure without doubt pilots' worst enemy. As well as the PFT thing. You show me a pilot that PFT'd 5 years ago, I'll show you a CFO and Legal Counsel of his airline that says "these guys will fold up like Frenchmen."

Aside from that, I have many old college friends at XJT and wish you all the very best. Hopefully you will get a leading contract and this Mesaba pilot supports you all the way.

DirkkDiggler said:
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. You may hate them as if they are scabs but that doesn't make them scabs. Use words correctly and you will have much more influence on people. It's amazing how far an education will get you.
Oh yes I do know what I'm talking about. The PFTer displays the same characteristics of the scab, mainly in that both will stab someone in the back to get ahead.

When I was a CFI, there were a lot of good guys struggling to build time so they could just apply to the regionals. However, there was also a group of people who didn't have to pay dues, because they had $10K checks to give to the regionals.

These people who paid for training, screwed a lot of honest, hard working people out of getting jobs. Also, in most cases, if you paid for your training, you could get hired with a lot less qualifications.

This told management (and the industry) two things:

1: We'll pay you to work there and there are a lot of us, so not only will you have low training costs, our wages probably won't have to be high either.

2: They took the word professionalism right out of this profession.

How many doctors (after residency) pay their patients to come in? How many CPA's pay their clients to do their taxes for them?

Anyone who PFT'd, in my opinion, would cross a picket line in a second. I'm willing to bet money on that one. Anything to wear a uniform and tell everyone "hey look at me, I'm an airline pilot". If everyone had banded together and stood against this, it wouldn't even be an issue. You'd probably be making more money too.

But, here you sit, at your miserable little job at your regional, uh, excuse me, major airline. (major only because of wages). Your college loans from Riddle are going to far outlast any retirement. You're stuck because this is the new normal in the airline industry. All because a large group of people thought they were getting ahead of everyone else.

That, my friend, is why I view PFT'ers and scabs in the same light.

VABB said:
Anyone who PFT'd, in my opinion, would cross a picket line in a second. I'm willing to bet money on that one.
This is the most asinine comment I think I have ever read on this board. Consider this me taking you up on your wager. $100 sound fair?

I don't agree with PFT, but to correlate one and the other together is way beyond even the farthest reach. There were plenty of ex-military guys that scabbed for EAL and CAL, does that mean that all ex-military pilots would cross a picket line in a second?

How many people scabbed at Comair during their strike? How many of those scabs PFT'd? Now look at ExpressJet - how many people currently on the seniority list PFT'd? While I'd guess that most these people are senior, I'd also guess their number is far less than what you might imagine. And if the XJT pilots on here are any indication, those that PFT'd are the loudest proponents for a new, industry-leading contract.

Scab is not a word to be casually tossed around for whatever someone's own definition of it may be.

VABB said:
Oh yes I do know what I'm talking about. The PFTer displays the same characteristics of the scab, mainly in that both will stab someone in the back to get ahead.

When I was a CFI, there were a lot of good guys struggling to build time so they could just apply to the regionals. However, there was also a group of people who didn't have to pay dues, because they had $10K checks to give to the regionals.

These people who paid for training, screwed a lot of honest, hard working people out of getting jobs. Also, in most cases, if you paid for your training, you could get hired with a lot less qualifications.

This told management (and the industry) two things:

1: We'll pay you to work there and there are a lot of us, so not only will you have low training costs, our wages probably won't have to be high either.

2: They took the word professionalism right out of this profession.

How many doctors (after residency) pay their patients to come in? How many CPA's pay their clients to do their taxes for them?

Anyone who PFT'd, in my opinion, would cross a picket line in a second. I'm willing to bet money on that one. Anything to wear a uniform and tell everyone "hey look at me, I'm an airline pilot". If everyone had banded together and stood against this, it wouldn't even be an issue. You'd probably be making more money too.

But, here you sit, at your miserable little job at your regional, uh, excuse me, major airline. (major only because of wages). Your college loans from Riddle are going to far outlast any retirement. You're stuck because this is the new normal in the airline industry. All because a large group of people thought they were getting ahead of everyone else.

That, my friend, is why I view PFT'ers and scabs in the same light.
It's ok, everyone. VABB's parents are both men.

Latest resources

Back