XJT Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Afixwing,

Don't quit your job. Every single regional pilot has started at these low salaries with smiles on their faces. It easy to forget after a few years but we all have done the same thing. When I got hired at the company I work for, my starting hourly wage was lower then a starting flight attendant's.

Mangement will be in the driver seat for the next few years until the retirement of the baby boomers starts. When they are trying to hire 200 pilots and there is only 100 pilots willing to come to that company. They will be forced to raise pilots compensations. No different then the dot com companies of the late 90s. Until then we are stuck with the way it is.

Afixedwing said:
Yes, you must be right, it is all my fault. Let me go ahed and write you a check for the difference between your paycheck and what you think you should be getting. Or better yet, perhaps I should just go ahed and quit the job that I just started, so that I can clear my conscience.

Well Gosh Darn.... thats the idea. I'm glad you finally get it. And in fact if we all did that, well then the pay wouldn't be that bad. If 'that other guy' didn't take the job then the pay would go up.... But you are that other guy....

cynic said:
Well Gosh Darn.... thats the idea. I'm glad you finally get it. And in fact if we all did that, well then the pay wouldn't be that bad. If 'that other guy' didn't take the job then the pay would go up.... But you are that other guy....
Thank you cynic for helping me see the light. Let me see if I can get this straight. Nobody sould accept a job at any other company but yours. Anybody who does not follow this rule is the enemy.

I'll be sure to consult you and get your approval before making any more career decisions.

Guys,

Please stop quoting cynic in your replies to his junk. I have him on the ignore list, but I still have to see his rubbish when I follow this thread.

I'm going to guess and say his first year as a Lear FO had him getting paid $80,000 and it's gone up from there. I'm sure he wouldn't have signed on for less.

ALL RIGHT, A STRIKE!!!!

Are you guys going to actually strike for something decent or roll over like the Comair guys did?

Actually, a strike isn't going to do much. First of all, anyone still there who paid for their jobs back in the mid to late 90's will probably cross the picket line. That's a given. Second, anybody out there with a multi-commercial will come in and fly for less than what you are making now. The pay scale moves down not up.

This is a mess. People willing to sell themselves out just to call themselves an "airline pilot" and willing to top out at $60/hr. after 30 years.

The commuters have never had any type of solidarity or guts within it's pilot groups. Why do you thing so many "scabs" took advantage of PFT 10 years ago?

You should see the reaction on people's faces (non-pilots) when I tell them, not just how little you guys make, but how little you're willing to settle for when it comes to wages. But hey, there's enough ego-maniacs out there that will do it because they get to wear a uniform and fly a jet.

It's too late. Too many people willing to cross to fly for a "major". Thanks for changing this industry from a profession to a vocation.

VABB said:
The commuters have never had any type of solidarity or guts within it's pilot groups. Why do you thing so many "scabs" took advantage of PFT 10 years ago?

You're right, the scab list shows the solidarity of over 5000 regional airline pilots. Oops, scratch that, make that MAJOR airline pilots.

VABB said:
If you're going to throw around big words, make sure you know what they mean!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back