• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT pay concessions pass easily

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never vote yes on the first round. Call thier bluff. At CAL, voting yes on the first round got us into this POS 02.

Proudly one of the 497. I'm shocked at how many didn't even vote! I can now say I'm officially embarrassed of my fellow XJT pilots - both for the low turnout and for buying the industry standard BS hook, line, and sinker. :angryfire

Good move for XJT. I think you guys still have helped the company but still have one of the top paying contracts in the industry including work rules.

If you don't understand the XJT situation with the new CPA then quit bashing them for approving this temporary pay cut. The pilots did what they HAD to do and management did what they HAD to do by signining this cpa.

Hopefully with all groups approving the cuts then we will see better days ahead for XJT!

Good point. I'll be making more than I am right now (pre-concession) next january 2010. What people don't understand is that this concession had a plan to restore wages. It wasn't a never ending concession package. By the way, I voted "No" but not for reasons mentioned before. I'll gladly take my pay cut and be glad I work for a company that still has great work rules. Pay cuts and bad work rules would be miserable. There's always a bright side.

j3tdr1v3r;1704421The race to the bottom would imply being below someone else. Sorry we set a bar that NO ONE was willing to match. So what would you do? Continue with the highest bar while you go out of business or step back to the collaborative group (minus one) and move forward as a group. Setting a bar does NOTHING unless someone can clear it.[/quote said:
Whoa there boss. I think there are some Comair pilots that may disagree with you there. They set a bar with their feet. They fought and won. That's setting a bar. If you get a chance, find out where that bar was set.
The problem nowadays is that we set glass ceilings. I hate the fact we all believe we're worth less than we were 10 years ago. Why is it that Horizon can pay what they do? The rates we need to strive for are these, and not the bankruptcy-fed BS rates that we all seem so enamored with. In this day and age, even if they are unachievable, we need to reverse this trend of pay cuts.

Good point dal757 - now you know what the Mesaba and Comair pilots were saying when we had that proverbial gun held to our heads in Ch11. And when Mesaba had the BigSky gun held to our heads in 2004. Now you're on the other side and it all makes sense.

Where's all the Xjet cheerleaders who were slamming Mesaba and Comair for taking paycuts IN BANKRUPTCY??? Ouch... sucks to be beaten huh? Nobody is immune. Not even the mighty Xjet.

spineless.....Lowering the bar....Good work guys!!! I don't want to hear about how it's going to help save the company and your job etc......that's a lame excuse for giving back what you worked so hard for

Might as well work for Mesa.....f'in tools

roughly 2.8% pay cut. As well as a pay freeze, so you will not get bumped up to the next year of longevity (SP?) till 09'.

Latest resources

Back