XJT opening ORD base in May.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

As Whydoitry says, my understanding is XJT got this UAL flying because UAL dumped Mesa. Why did they dump Mesa? Basically because Mesa PAID THEIR PILOTS TOO LITTLE MONEY (It is actually a symptom of the problem at Mesa, that caused them to lose the UAL contract.).

cliff
NBO

Actually When I was in IAH not too long ago, they told us ALL pilots f/a's to be back by trhe end of summer with NEW HIRING for pilots later in the year.

Actually When I was in IAH not too long ago, they told us ALL pilots f/a's to be back by trhe end of summer with NEW HIRING for pilots later in the year.

Very likely to happen with the current staffing situation. We literally have no reserves. Literally.

Last time I looked I did not take a paycut to get this contract.

I was under the impression ExpressJet was in there replacing TSA's flying...who has furloughed hundreds of pilots. Forgive me.

As far as your paycheck. Give it time, you'll take one soon enough and that "Industry Leading" contract will be just like all the other Industry Leading contracts out there. Ask those Comair guys how they're doing.

I was under the impression ExpressJet was in there replacing TSA's flying...who has furloughed hundreds of pilots. Forgive me.

As far as your paycheck. Give it time, you'll take one soon enough and that "Industry Leading" contract will be just like all the other Industry Leading contracts out there. Ask those Comair guys how they're doing.

Do you work for MESA? you sound like you do.

In fact I do. No wait, I'm Johnny O.

If I did, I wouldn't have been mistaken in my accusations. Grab your shine box and go polish my BMW, Junior!

No flame intended here but why would you want a regional that pays a little better to fold? It seems to me you rather see Mesa and Colgan succeed. I am just curious since I assumed your were a Mainline guy from your profile. If you do fly for one of the majors, you should encourage your MEC or whoever to start lobbying for a paycheck for your future F/Os. Just my .2 cents and like I said no flame intended.

No flame intended here but why would you want a regional that pays a little better to fold? It seems to me you rather see Mesa and Colgan succeed. I am just curious since I assumed your were a Mainline guy from your profile. If you do fly for one of the majors, you should encourage your MEC or whoever to start lobbying for a paycheck for your future F/Os. Just my .2 cents and like I said no flame intended.

I never said I wanted to see them fold, it's just how it happens. Look at all the other regionals who had Industry Leading contracts, and were paid the best. Take Comair for instance. They had the best RJ pay ever and their High Life has come crumbling down over the last year or two.
It's the cycle of aviation. Sad thing is, one day Regionals will be the new Majors...but the pay will never reach near the major levels.
I don't fly 121 anymore, I moved on on to greener pastures.
You have guys who complain all day and talk about how they're leaving...and then you have the guys who actually do it. I got tired of listening to all those other guys.

the only loser in this game will be the mesa sux pilot group who voted for the sub standard pay and work rules. I say good riddance and have fun in the cheese line a$$hole. I make more $ than you flying a 50 seater than you flying a 70 seater. Who's the loser here? yes, comair is on the ropes because of trash like you! It's taking companies like us to reverse all this bottom feeding. Yeah ********************ty kitty makes less than us! Maybe only $1 per hour but it's still less! Get it????

Latest resources

Back