• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT opening ORD base in May.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA pilots putting other ALPA pilots out of a job.
Who are they covering the flying for?

I'd say maybe those ALPA groups should fight for a stronger contract.... and get on the same playing field.

Mesa had some planes removed from there contract.

OH and if MESA goes under.. I'll probably go drink a beer and celebrate...

I'd say maybe those ALPA groups should fight for a stronger contract.... and get on the same playing field.

Mesa had some planes removed from there contract.

OH and if MESA goes under.. I'll probably go drink a beer and celebrate...

You'll have plenty of time to drink that beer. When Mesa's MEC goes ta-ta's up and gives up everything in their contract and pay, they will be the fastest growing regional again......putting you out of a job. Every airline in BK, their pilot group surrenders everything to do what it takes to survive.

Same playing field? When you replace another carriers flying, why is it not considered "SCAB work"? Essentially, you have put guys on the street because you do the job for cheaper or what ever reason.

It doesnt matter where the "new" jobs are coming from..... c'mon Wayback.... you have to know this by now.

The point about Mesa coming out of BK being the cheapest to use as feed is a great point...... then they can "steal" the flying from XJT..... mark my words, the XJT kids will be crying bloody murder in a few years if this UA flying goes away..... because it was "their" flying and its being "stolen"!!

:)

It doesnt matter where the "new" jobs are coming from..... c'mon Wayback.... you have to know this by now.

The point about Mesa coming out of BK being the cheapest to use as feed is a great point...... then they can "steal" the flying from XJT..... mark my words, the XJT kids will be crying bloody murder in a few years if this UA flying goes away..... because it was "their" flying and its being "stolen"!!

:)
Completely agree. But wouldn't it be nice if there was one level of pay to keep all these whipsaws from happening.

Absolutely.

Will it happen, probably not..... never know though.

Ah, we're all about competition right? We can be in the same union and still compete. XJT is able to win a contract with UAL while maintaining an industry leading pilot contract. What's the problem? There is no scabbing here because Mesa is not on strike. They lost the contract because it was up and UAL had had enough of them.

Latest resources

Back