• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Captain Downgrade Article in NYT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I hate to pick on anyone. as none of us are perfect, but you do have to wonder about someone with 4 kids who commutes cross-country and than comes home to do union work? Couple that with the power trip comment about the importance of being in command?......

So since he used to feel "powerful and in command", and now feels like a loser, what would he have to say to the 15+ year FOs at USAir?

I'm sorry, he sounds like a TOTAL TOOL, and is just a whining b-atch.

I'll save my sympathy for the guys who have been in this industry for decades only to lose it all.

Not for newbie quick-upgrade wonderkids who think they are owed a fast track to success.

This article was a whine-fest for entitled self-esteem era children.

Grow up. People starving to death in other nations.

Last edited:
“I don’t want to be a 50-year-old pilot earning $40,000 a year,” he said, adding that his wife does not want to be married to a pilot with so little earning power.

Anyone know what his old lady looks like?

I just got a raise and was kinda curious. :nuts:

Hi!

I don't feel sorry for this guy, AT ALL!

He was talking about how his family sacrificed in the past, scrimped to get by, etc.

I understand if you want kids. BUT, you have ONE KID, and then, when you can afford it, you have more. This guy choose to have a bunch of kids, and then he's complaining? If he had two, I'll bet his financial situation would be VASTLY IMPROVED!

The big house, motorcycle, etc., etc. Surprised he wasn't bitching he had to downgrade to a smaller powerboat.

"I just made my bed, but I want to sleep in someone else's, much nicer bed!"

Hope he learned somthing worthwhile!

cliff
NBO

Finally someone said it. What ever happened to old-fashioned responsible family planning? Most of my friends who waited until they were financially and emotionally secure enough to have kids had kids in their early thirties, and have the most well-behaved, brightest kids. They also didn't pop out 4 when that time came, they had 2, and then focused all their attention on them. The world is overpopulated as it is.

Sounds like a whiner to me. How does he think he will get any symphaty, people are reading this thinking when he was a capt he doubled their wage, and now as an FO he still doubles their wage because they and the rest of America are watching their jobs go overseas'. Nothing in this article says he has ever made a good decision, and it reads that his wife is about done with him.

You are retarded. You are just jealous that as a downgraded captain he make more than you.

Finally someone said it. What ever happened to old-fashioned responsible family planning? Most of my friends who waited until they were financially and emotionally secure enough to have kids had kids in their early thirties, and have the most well-behaved, brightest kids. They also didn't pop out 4 when that time came, they had 2, and then focused all their attention on them. The world is overpopulated as it is.

True, people have 4 or 5 kids when they are in their 20's and then wonder how they are going to afford them.

Latest resources

Back