• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJet lowers minimums to none

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apart from extending this thread why would you want information from Regional Captain's.No Regional would continue to employ anybody that was not making the grade as new hires are still on probation for 12 months.

zuka said:
I just spoke with a friend who recently passed his check ride at expressjet and he told me they have lowered or temporarily lowered the minimums to none. His check airman told him about a girl who was straight out of school with 200 something hours and had the right stuff so they told her to go to simuflight and do the ERJ course then they would hire her.

He also said they were aiming to hire 30 people per week after new years.
I love it! Total hearsay. You should put a question mark at the end of your post title. The expressjet website still shows 600/100/20 for what its worth, but I did notice a pop-up window for those with more than 200 hours and the right stuff.

Quit knocking my company. X-Jet is the best airline ever!! I will stay here forver and ever!! I LOVE YOU XJET!!!

I just spoke to a friend whose friend's fathers dog's puppy's owner's sister's husband's brother works at Xjet and I heard the same d@mn thing except I also heard that you don't even need to go to Simuflight. I think your friend heard wrong. If you're lower than 600hrs TT, you need to play with FLIGHT SIMULATOR's ERJ and they will hire you.

Its a Christmas Miracle! Flying jerbs for everyone!

zuka said:
I just spoke with a friend who recently passed his check ride at expressjet and he told me they have lowered or temporarily lowered the minimums to none. His check airman told him about a girl who was straight out of school with 200 something hours and had the right stuff so they told her to go to simuflight and do the ERJ course then they would hire her.

He also said they were aiming to hire 30 people per week after new years.

My brother is just about to graduate high school, this could be a great summer job for him. I've given him almost 3 hrs of instruction.... but he's really good with computer games. I think I'll have him send in a resume.

ok your absolutely right, i appologizie to all the high-time 600 hr pilots i offended at COEX the mins are 600 hrs not 500 hrs to fly a 50-70 pax jet. All appologies offered. Its good to know COEX is firm on their 600 hrs minimum hiring standard.

Yeah, because once you let that slip the quality of the whole program goes right down the crapper. Glad they are keepin their standards high.

joeg252 said:
I said it once and I'll say it again, I think you should have at least 1,000 or so hours before you jump into anything carrying paxs. And when I say 1,000 hours I mean quality earned hours not PFT. Now, some people may say what are you learning by doing stalls and pattern work all day with students. It's got nothing to do with that, everyday I'm learning how to make solid PIC decisions and learning people skills. I would'nt want to burden some training capt. at my first regional job with a lack of experience in any aspect of basic aviation skills let alone flying a complex jet. I've heard of some of these wonder pilots getting into these aircraft and having a lack of basic pilotage skills. I would like some feedback from any regional jet capts. out there on this subject. Just my 2 cents, thanx.
Well, I am an ex-regional turboprop capt......here is my 2 cents.

I have flown with 2000 hour hot shots I've had to babysit and whose attitude completely stinks and I have flown with 300 hour new hires with a good attitude and better flying skills than the hot shot. Who would I rather be burdened by?

You guessed it.....it's mostly about attitude. Some of the best pilots I have ever flown with started at a regional airline with around 300 hours.

Interesting how this thread is going..... put it into the big perspective of Globalization and you are going to see younger and lower flight standards as the labor cost get lower... till eventually Phat Dan and Juan are driving our jets around.

Perhaps an increase in productivity will save our careers...oops I mean jobs.....

The headlines in 30 years will read; how Herb and SWA saved the Airline Industry!

Latest resources

Back