Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zuka

freight doggy dog
I just spoke with a friend who recently passed his check ride at expressjet and he told me they have lowered or temporarily lowered the minimums to none. His check airman told him about a girl who was straight out of school with 200 something hours and had the right stuff so they told her to go to simuflight and do the ERJ course then they would hire her.

He also said they were aiming to hire 30 people per week after new years.

Rule of thumb said:
So what is your point ?
I'm not trying to make a point. I found it hard to believe and wanted to see if anybody else knew anything about it.

I emailed a good friend a few days ago about their mins, he's currently an F/O there, and he said they're still at 600/100 UNLESS you're an internal transfer (worked the ramp or something).

~wheelsup

zuka said:
I just spoke with a friend who recently passed his check ride at expressjet and he told me they have lowered or temporarily lowered the minimums to none. His check airman told him about a girl who was straight out of school with 200 something hours and had the right stuff so they told her to go to simuflight and do the ERJ course then they would hire her.

He also said they were aiming to hire 30 people per week after new years.
Great news!!! I think I was in the back with one of these guys driving just the other day.

Landed RWY 23 in BUF and touched down past the intersection of 32/14 ...

While deplaning I noticed that the F.O. looked to be about 18 years old and the Capt. seemed to be very unpleasant while having some discussion.

Last edited:
They did this a few years ago I remember before 9/11. They got some low timers but at least most of their time was multi or some other type of complex a/c flying/environment etc... I do remember they didn't hire any 250hr C172 pilot. I'm sure they'll still look at what "kind" of hours you have as oppose to how many.

I said it once and I'll say it again, I think you should have at least 1,000 or so hours before you jump into anything carrying paxs. And when I say 1,000 hours I mean quality earned hours not PFT. Now, some people may say what are you learning by doing stalls and pattern work all day with students. It's got nothing to do with that, everyday I'm learning how to make solid PIC decisions and learning people skills. I would'nt want to burden some training capt. at my first regional job with a lack of experience in any aspect of basic aviation skills let alone flying a complex jet. I've heard of some of these wonder pilots getting into these aircraft and having a lack of basic pilotage skills. I would like some feedback from any regional jet capts. out there on this subject. Just my 2 cents, thanx.

Latest resources

Back