Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mickey757 said:
Better think again,
Northwest Airlink did put a smokeing hole in the ground.
Only they didn't kill 51 people, As you know only the two pilots were killed.
had there been a full boat, You can bet that things would be very different at the commuter "puppy mills"
P.S.
Not slamming the Commuter guys either, so save your nasty remarks!
Hahahaha...250 hours or 25,000 hours...regionals are contractors, so who gives a fruit cake?

Here in Europe, most Airlines take First Officers from their own flight school, and put them in the right seat of A320, 737 and A300. These 200-300 hour pilots do just fine when it comes to flying the line. A common denominator is a high degree of motivation and good attitude.

I jumpseated on an Emirates 777 awhile ago. The FO had < 500hrs TT and was something like 24 years old. He hand flew the approach and did a great landing.

Airbuspilotdk said:
Here in Europe, most Airlines take First Officers from their own flight school, and put them in the right seat of A320, 737 and A300. These 200-300 hour pilots do just fine when it comes to flying the line. A common denominator is a high degree of motivation and good attitude.

Just curious, but how were you able to jumpseat on Emirates? I did not know they take jumpseaters, unless you are affiliated with the crew in some way.

Vik said:
I jumpseated on an Emirates 777 awhile ago. The FO had < 500hrs TT and was something like 24 years old. He hand flew the approach and did a great landing.

The company I work for had jumpseating agreements with Emirates, Swissair/Swiss and a couple of others. I also got the fly on the Concorde from JFK-LHR-JFK last year on one of the last flights, which was very awesome.

BTW -- something really cool about Emirates is that the pax can watch the "nose cam" on one of the channels.

Yes, I play MS Flt Sim A LOT, thats how I make it all happen folks. Rule of Dumb has gotten me all figuered out.

blade230 said:
Just curious, but how were you able to jumpseat on Emirates? I did not know they take jumpseaters, unless you are affiliated with the crew in some way.

Latest resources

Back