WWYD NetJets or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pat Fabin,
I can't wait for the day your sitting as my F.O. at NetJets, I'll give you and Delta 4 years max before they furlough you and your begging for a job with us.

That's pretty crude. So I'll be crude, too. Some people, myself included, have always aspired to fly for a major airline. Everything else is just paying dues. The idea of being a boot-licking chauffer has no appeal to me (it obviously does to some people -- hey, you get to eat the leftover scaps from the catering right? :puke: )

"Begging fo a job at Netjets." :laugh: Got to love it.

That's pretty crude. So I'll be crude, too. Some people, myself included, have always aspired to fly for a major airline. Everything else is just paying dues. The idea of being a boot-licking chauffer has no appeal to me (it obviously does to some people -- hey, you get to eat the leftover scaps from the catering right? :puke: )

Ahh, Delta Pilots a very classy bunch of guys. Goggles, why don't you take your boy Fabin and go back to the majors portion of the board. That way you can discuss commuting, and ways you can improve that settlar service you guys provide on Delta. Have you ever thought that the idea of being a bus driver has no appeal to some people??? As does eating the idea of eating the crap that you serve to the people in first, and therefore to your a$$. I see that now, you are out of bankruptcy that old Delta charm is coming back. Loser.

Everything else is just paying dues. The idea of being a boot-licking chauffer has no appeal to me (it obviously does to some people -- hey, you get to eat the leftover scaps from the catering right?
Hey at least we get food. And a retirement plan. Oh ya and great medical benefits.
As for the boot licking, well your group is in NO position to throw stones.

Last edited:
Amazing how quick that Delta "charm" came back after they are out of BK. I worked 130 days last year and never once had to lick any boots, and I am satisfied with my own catered meals so I have yet to eat any scraps. Whatever you guys have to keep telling yourselves about our job to make you feel better, even if it is far from the truth.

Oh yeah, and how long will you have to be out of the "pool" to break the 120K per year mark? I did it last year (year 6), and my 401K broke the 120K mark the same time! How's that for coincidence?

Last edited:
Amazing how quick that Delta "charm" came back after they are out of BK. I worked 130 days last year and never once had to lick any boots, and I am satisfied with my own catered meals so I have yet to eat any scraps. Whatever you guys have to keep telling yourselves about our job to make you feel better, even if it is far from the truth.

Oh yeah, and how long will you have to be out of the "pool" to break the 120K per year mark? I did it last year (year 6), and my 401K broke the 120K mark the same time! How's that for coincidence?

I wouldn't paint every Delta pilot like that. I know plenty of great Delta pilots who don't feel that way.

Last edited:
Hey lets just all hope the airlines raise the price of a ticket 5 bucks so they can somehow breakeven on that flight from jfk to oma. Oh wait fuel prices going up? Hope someone hedged their fuel price because thats going to really affect the bottom line. :)

Whatever, Mr. Gold Seal CFI. Go back to watching your John & Martha King videos.

-PF

Find a sense of humor, this avatar is me making fun of guys like you. You know the type, because I'm sure your one of them. Cowboy Boots, mustache, an aviation license plate, tell people your a pilot before you tell them your name.

I understand why you all couldn't work for a fractional or corporate. You want to walk on to the airplane turn left and lock the door. Its similar to the days when you were a kid. Walked home locked yourself in your room and played Dungeons and Dragons. Fantastic, social skills! Be truthful, its not that you want to fly for the majors because its obvious to anyone that such glory is a thing of the past. It's that your afraid to rub elbows with the people that run this world. You and I both know they will instantly see through your thin facade. Dont blame me blame your mother

Last edited:
Hey lets just all hope the airlines raise the price of a ticket 5 bucks so they can somehow breakeven on that flight from jfk to oma.

Ahh wait, that would be an RJ on that route. :laugh:

Last edited:

Let's see, the last scraps I ate were right after I finished my catered grilled salmon I thought I might try one of the still wrapped filet mignon sandwiches that were untouched by the owner. I think my boot licking tongue felt just fine after that.

Keep your 121. It sucks. I'll be a chauffeur over a bus driver any day.

Your boning me right?

The best food I've ever experienced in my life has been as a fractional pilot?

Grand Junction Colorado, 2 crew meals (I had a Cobb salad)

CAtering: 7 sea food plates

Passengers: 1 Lady, 1 Nanny, 3 kids, 2 "no shows".

I've never seen Scallops that big!

I've been (As most of you that know of me) have been back in the military deployed.

I can't wait to get back to the "scraps" at the Fractionals. What a great bunch of pilots at Netjets and Flexjet.

You 121 guys shouldn't "be hatin", you may end up at a Fractional one day saying "WTF was I thinking"?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back