• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WWYD NetJets or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Non-reving today can hardly be seen as the benefit it was 10 or 15 years ago.

Moneymite......things have changed, or maybe you just don't know what non-reving was back then.

Yeah she doesn't have enough experience non reving. She's been doing it since she was born. We've got a long line of family members in aviation. She knows the deal, knows the games, and knows that being stranded is allways a possibility.

Non reving is great if its just you and you really don't care if you get there. If you have wife or kids then non reving isn't a tool anymore like it was when I was a kid. When I had a whole row to myself and my mother worked the flight.

28 years of doing it hasn't been anything like the last 5 years and its going to get worse.

Nothanks I'll continue to pay for my seat, get my miles and not have to eye that person walking up to the counter in uniform making sure he doesn't jump ahead of me.

Pilots tend to go for the cheapest form of travel. Somehow that cheapness is considered a benefit.

I'll take the miles. And get there when I want, wearing what i want, and making sure my bloody marry has just the right spicyness to it.

I spent most of my career working towards getting hired at Delta. Building time, 4 year degree, etc etc... Mid 2001 got the "interview cancelled" call and headed to NJA. I now have no intention of ever applying at Delta. I love the flying at NJA and would go nuts if it were back to the Hub to Hub shuffle. But to each his own, I will never try to convince anyone one is better than the other because everyone has personal preferences. And the lav cleaning is a VERY minor inconvenience if any, not sure why it keeps coming up.

Are you really going to make your decision based on us jokers at Flightinfo? Go to Netjets, here at Delta we hire people that can make decisions.

Wow this is a smart statement. I guess I will have to PM you the next time I make a decision flying a jet for NJA. Never happens we don't make decisions, only Delta guys make decisions, or are able to make them.

I'd go to nj. I don't want to get Munson'd.

Wow this is a smart statement. I guess I will have to PM you the next time I make a decision flying a jet for NJA. Never happens we don't make decisions, only Delta guys make decisions, or are able to make them.

I don't think he'll be able to help you with the decision though. I've worked at two 121 carriers before coming to NJA and we have to make more decisions then they do.

Non-reving today can hardly be seen as the benefit it was 10 or 15 years ago.

Moneymite......things have changed, or maybe you just don't know what non-reving was back then.

When it comes to not remembering anything, I can plead guilty!

However, I've been steadily non-reving since 1978 and I am still non-reving on a very regular basis today. I count on the "big D" to get me to various destinations at least once a week and always manage to get where I need to go.

Things have changed a lot over the years. I used to wear a coat and tie, now I can wear blue jeans! I used to get ice-cream sundaes in first class and now I'm lucky to get a bottle of Daisani! Yep, things have changed.

Perhaps my expectations are low; perhaps they are just realistic. Perhaps I'm the luckiest non-rev-er (is that a word?) in the world, but I really like the benefit.

Some folks don't like the uncertainty of not knowing where in the world you'll be with NetJets for seven days; others don't mind it.

Different folks, different strokes. However, in my estimation, non-reving on Delta is a huge benefit and I'd definitely consider it on the "plus" side when chosing a career.

Okay in 121 land, for vacations, you get a free ride but pay for hotel.

In the fracs, I pay for the flight (or use miles) and have a ticket in hand. Then I get free hotel (points).

I think I have it better. But I would not use any type of travel benefit as the reason for going to a company.

Some folks don't like the uncertainty of not knowing where in the world you'll be with NetJets for seven days; others don't mind it.

It's more than that: Some of us actually like and prefer it that there's some variety and spontaneity in our trips. Today, for example, our trip ended with a one-hour rental car drive, through beautiful countryside, to our nice hotel in a quaint little town in western New York. We wandered out to look for a dinner place, and we were surrounded by restaurants that all looked and smelled great -- and not one of them was a chain place. The food and beer were absolutely fantastic, the town was historic and fun to walk around; all told, just a great stop.

I had no idea we were coming here until after lunchtime, and probably never would have bid a trip on purpose to come here, were this an airline environment. And you know what? I'd have really missed out!

Just about every week that I work, I go some place I've never been before, and more often than not, I'm glad that I did.

So no, not only do I "not mind" not knowing where I'm going to be every minute of my week, I prefer it. I guess I'm not cut out for the Clark Griswold vacation. :0 I was honestly getting bored out of my skull going in and out of the same hub over and over again. It just wasn't for me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back