• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WWYD NetJets or AirTran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats funny rocker! You could find something tasty in a crap sandwich. You must be the guy that says after an engine fire-hey look at all the fuel we are now saving-and we didn't explode! SWEET!

Given Rocker's former jobs he's forced to find the proverbial "silver lining" in everything. If he didn't he would have gone "postal" years ago!!!!!

At least now, he's only decaying slowly.

Given Rocker's former jobs he's forced to find the proverbial "silver lining" in everything. If he didn't he would have gone "postal" years ago!!!!!

At least now, he's only decaying slowly.

I have even found the "silver lining" in all of my friends living in Lewiston as well. Ahhhh, just kidding there........not yet and perhaps I will never find the "silver lining" with them either!

Lewiston the great mecca of Maine. No really somebody shut off the call to prayer megaphone.

AirTran: At one time, about a year ago, Airtran negotiators put a new topic on the contract table. A/C damage. If it was found that an Airtran pilot damaged an aircraft, by accident or otherwise, the company wanted the Pilot to pay for the repairs out of his pocket. Seriously! I wish I made this up. "Hi, State Farm? Yeah, I got a trike that goes 500MPH and costs 15 million. I need to add that to my vehicle insurance." I don't know how they could even suggest such a thing while keeping a straight face.

NetJets: I had a close relative die. Called in for the funeral. Assistant Chief Pilot called me 30 minutes later. "Would it help to send a plane to take you home?" My hand to God. Can you believe it?

Do you want to work with people that respect and care about you? Or do you want to work for people who just want to jerk you arround?

Add the pay, benefits, QOL, fun A/C, etc... Do I have to say it?

NETJETS!!!!

I would work here even if I had to commute to Canada. It really is that good.

AirTran: At one time, about a year ago, Airtran negotiators put a new topic on the contract table. A/C damage. If it was found that an Airtran pilot damaged an aircraft, by accident or otherwise, the company wanted the Pilot to pay for the repairs out of his pocket. Seriously! I wish I made this up. "Hi, State Farm? Yeah, I got a trike that goes 500MPH and costs 15 million. I need to add that to my vehicle insurance." I don't know how they could even suggest such a thing while keeping a straight face.

NetJets: I had a close relative die. Called in for the funeral. Assistant Chief Pilot called me 30 minutes later. "Would it help to send a plane to take you home?" My hand to God. Can you believe it?

Do you want to work with people that respect and care about you? Or do you want to work for people who just want to jerk you arround?

Add the pay, benefits, QOL, fun A/C, etc... Do I have to say it?

NETJETS!!!!

I would work here even if I had to commute to Canada. It really is that good.

Im wondering if yah work for Airtran and bend a little metal, is there anything in the GOM that stated who had to do the repair? Could I have Red Green and the boys helping fix a dinged up wing? A little speed tape goes a long way yah know and its not that expensive.

No, no, no! Your chances with the FBO desk girl area zero...unless it is her first week on the job. Then you have a chance. Your best chance is with the hotel desk girl of course! Since you will be going to different hotels all the time with NJs the girls won't be used to the normal pilot tricks...advantage you :)

Wankel

hyjack

Do you want to work with people that respect and care about you? Or do you want to work for people who just want to jerk you around?

It really is that good.

Okay Captain Dad. Ease off of the sunshine machine a little. Yes they are first rate when it comes to family issues. No question. Mainly because that falls into the Operations realm. ACP gets the call and says "send him home".

BUT the respect and care...........I am not to sure. There was NO respect and care prior to 2005. Zero.
Scheduling still has none. And where do you think scheduling gets their marching orders from??? So those folks fall into the "jerk you around" category. Along with their bosses.

Yes, there are many good people, but there are many that are trying to kick us in the balls.
Now compared to Citrus, well I am happy here and have no plans on leaving. But that is because of 1108. If it was not for our Union, this place would without a shadow of a doubt suck. So everyone please place credit where it is due.

For me it comes down to this. There are two lanyards you can wear. A 1108 lanyard or a NetJets lanyard.
Which one do you think I wear?

For me it comes down to this. There are two lanyards you can wear. A 1108 lanyard or a NetJets lanyard. Which one do you think I wear?[/quote said:
One with little pink flowers that says "It's raining men"?

I pay my dues and am grateful for all the hard work done by 1108. However, compared to where I came from, and I know it is due to 1108s work on the contract, this place is 1,000% better than my last airline gig.

Personally, I have not been jerked arround by anyone here and everyone I have talked to has said "yes sir" and "no sir". I think some of you guys don't realize how good you have made life here. Trust me there are airlines that are much much worse. Thanks for the good work.

Latest resources

Back