WWYD NetJets or AirTran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingmorgans

Okay, read all the Delta vs. NetJet stuff. Some good info, but some off course too. If unable Delta, but an LCC like AirTran offered a job instead, how would that change peoples opinion of things compared to the Delta vs. NetJets scenario? Thank you!

Okay, read all the Delta vs. NetJet stuff. Some good info, but some off course too. If unable Delta, but an LCC like AirTran offered a job instead, how would that change peoples opinion of things compared to the Delta vs. NetJets scenario? Thank you!

If the Netjets domicile thing worked for you, I would definitely choose Netjets for all the reasons outlined previously. Better pay/benefits over the long term, wide variety of great aircraft, unlimited route variety, interesting passengers (sports and movie stars here and there), a great schedule if you can handle 7/7 (and you know your schedule for the entire year if you are not on the reserve schedule) and a very solid position as the leader of its market by a wide margin.

Air Tran is great too but going forward it will have to compete with SWA, Jet Blue, Spirit, Frontier, Skybus and VA for the low-cost scraps and that won't be too pretty... Plus, you never know how the Midwest thing will turn out and whether it will work out in any newhires' favor (ie integration issues).

Predicting the future is the only way you can determine wether one job is going to be better than the other, and there isn't a single member of this site who is able to do that.

Do what ever is best for you and your family.

Try to imagine how you would have responded years ago if someone asked you if you wanted a job as a Falcon 20 F/O at Fed Ex...............The point is you never know.

I would recommend purchasing the new and improved "Magical Crystal Ball" now in stores at Walmart. After rubbing the ball three times, it provides a clear, concise and accurate picture of the future as it concerns you. The ball holds your answer dude. My guess is that the ball would show you that light that leads to Netjets. But then again, why wouldnt you use the ball to figure out the 6 winning numbers for Saturdays draw in powerball? Then yah wouldnt have to worry about a thing son.

Grocker...my aunt works at the local WalMart. I'm gonna have to have her use the employee discount on one of those puppies!

On another note, WWYD NetJets or 135? Talk amongst yourselves.

Yes...that is a ludicrous question and doesn't need an answer at all. I just think the only question one must ever ask is QOL. Period. Oh, and do I have to wear a hat! I almost forgot that one.

I would go 135 as opposed to NetJets. It is a similar job, but you don't have to worry about days off. For me, NetJets would be very difficult because I would not know what to do with my days off. At a part 135 job I wouldn't have to worry about that because they would be like, "you work always." I like that in a company.

I would go 135 as opposed to NetJets. It is a similar job, but you don't have to worry about days off. For me, NetJets would be very difficult because I would not know what to do with my days off. At a part 135 job I wouldn't have to worry about that because they would be like, "you work always." I like that in a company.

HUH? That 7 days off goes awful fast.

sarcasm at its best.

Ha! That is pretty funny.

I am glad someone saw the sarcasm. I am actually leaving a part 135 job for NJA in August and this is obviously a no brainer even though I am leaving a really good 135 job. This WWYD, Blank vs NJA has been nice though. I was actually faced with NJA or JetBlue so now that I have made my decision it is fun to see the chatter.

My decision was based on talking to pilots at both companys and just comparing the pros and cons on a piece of paper. The only thing that really stood out was the fact that I could have a chance at three flight attendants on overnights with JetBlue. That one was canceled out when I figured in the sexual harrasment stuff and getting fired. So NetJets was the clear choice for me and I live in Columbus so that is a huge bonus. Sounds like a lot of pilots are faced with this choice and it's great that some of us have choices. If I didn't live in one of the domociles, my decision may have been different, but I do so whatever.

To those who have a choice with Blank vs NJA, good luck and I hope that you don't make your decision soley based on Flightinfo.com. I bet a few have though.

Latest resources

Back