WSJ on SWA/AT Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta outsourcing?

I'd say that's added up to SEVERAL billion dollars in lost pilot wages at Delta over the years (plus the loss of several million dollars in DALPA dues!). The senior sold off the young at the same time they were too arrogant to fly a small RJ.

Last edited:
Treated the AT guys poorly.......rrrrright.

How about your outsourcing of jobs. You have treated the entire profession poorly. Defend it all you want. You just set back this profession 30 years. I kind of look at your work group like how one would look at a scab. Thats just me though.

Soooooooo, your group and leader didn't treat the AT guys poorly? Swapa didn't get exclusive backing from the boss? (That was just plain stooopid, great for future loyalty....)

Sure, Dalpa outsourced jobs, many during BK when the judge was incharge. Since then, Dalpa and management have figured out that RJs aren't as profitable when oil is high priced, and this last contract will allow 140 FEWER RJs total, and will park them sooner than they would have been since 315 of them had leases through 2015 (Red won't acknowledge that, of course).

So, overall, your group had the opportunity to watch and observe 2 different mergers and how they turned out, and you chose the WRONG one. Your outsourcing claims against Dalpa have also been proved out dated, since 140 fewer RJs will be there to outsource, along with better flying ratio for mainline, and 88 717s coming to RECAPTURE previous routes.

Get off your horse at your 5 acre ranch West of San Angelo and get with the times. Read up on industry current events, and if you need accurate answers to your abundant questions, PM me. I'll get back to you after I continue to "school" Redflyer on owning oil refinery pros and cons.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Treated the AT guys poorly.......rrrrright.

How about your outsourcing of jobs. You have treated the entire profession poorly. Defend it all you want. You just set back this profession 30 years. I kind of look at your work group like how one would look at a scab. Thats just me though.

All this from a Herb Turd? The stellar, grade A keepers of the professions key to success.

Let's run down all the wins you pulled off for the profession doing the Texas triangle....

No pensions.
Pay for your training.
Block times not adjusted for weather or holding.
Undercutting wages.
Whorelike working conditions (6 legs a day....really?)

Get over yourself and quit pointing fingers you hypocrite.

Delta outsourcing?

I'd say that's added up to SEVERAL billion dollars in lost pilot wages at Delta over the years (plus the loss of several million dollars in DALPA dues!). The senior sold off the young at the same time they were too arrogant to fly a small RJ.

Not that this isn't the same magnitude, but didn't you outsource "a little" to Volaris? It's not the same, but then again, it is..... Why didn't you guys take the Guadalajara and Mexico City routes from MDW, LAS, and OAK? Of course DL has more codeshares and Joint Ventures, but you guys aren't totally innocent either. Explain that. Why did you allow anything? WestJet almost snuck in there too as I remember. Don't try to compare outsourcing at DL vs your airline, explain why you allowed it at all.

Bye Bye---General Lee

All this from a Herb Turd? The stellar, grade A keepers of the professions key to success.

Let's run down all the wins you pulled off for the profession doing the Texas triangle....

No pensions.
Pay for your training.
Undercutting wages.

Lol. You're right about the pensions. We were ahead of the curve on that one! The rest of it, not so much.....

No pensions.
Pay for your training.
Undercutting wages.

Totally ignorant response.

You don't have your facts right therefore your opinions are insignificant.

We have handsome pensions. (Currently have 2.5 mil in mine with 11 years left. Not to mention the great disability benefits we get just in case)
The pay for training point is a "special needs" argument
We get payed for overrides. Often times much better than our competitors.
Wages higher than the legacy industry for much smaller airplanes for a long, long time.
Average 3 legs a day. Whore like? You need to come into the new millenium. My duty day averages about nine hours a day for 12 days a month.

No No....Swadude.

It's what you STARTED in this profession. If you point fingers for what my pilot group does in the past, expect the same treatment.

No No....Swadude.

It's what you STARTED in this profession. If you point fingers for what my pilot group does in the past, expect the same treatment.

Really?

But how?

We are not a legacy. You guys ore the one that invented market share, code sharing and outsourcing.

We are just that little regional from Texas that had like 20 airplanes when deregulation happened in 1978. We only had around 80 airplanes in 1989.

How did we start the demise of the legacy model?

Outsourcing is without argument the reason why you brought down wages and benefits. I can understand the tough pill to swallow. Scabs have the same pill to swallow for a career.

Oh that's an amazing response.

Calling a Delta pilot a Scab.....

Now go get your shinebox!!!

Latest resources

Back