• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WSJ on SWA/AT Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys have done a poor job of merging, and you treated the AT pilots poorly too. No LUV there, and they probably know that. Oh well. At least they didn't PFT.......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Some did go to Gulfstream Airlines, just saying. I guess we are a big family of PFT's. ;) Have a chump of a day Gen.

Some did go to Gulfstream Airlines, just saying. I guess we are a big family of PFT's. ;) Have a chump of a day Gen.

True, but SWA could afford to pay for training. Gulfstream, probably not. (Didn't they go BK before turning into Silver Airways?). Thanks for trying, but it's not the same chief. It's great if you think that will lead you to great pay eventually, but we all know that isn't necessary. Heck, they can afford it with the AT guys, right? Have a great one!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
SW guys don't and have never paid a dime for their training.

If you are hired without a 737 type, do you have to pay to get one prior to class?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hopefully the folks who are responsible for making this acquisition/merger/phasing out process, take this article to heart. Sort of weird that this thread immediately focused on Delta scope and SWA type requirement so quickly. This is why I've disengaged mostly from major cable news outlets and politics. It's all about talking points. You guys sound like talking heads. After reading this article I'm more concerned about our passengers and what our management is going to do to fix the issues, then Delta's contract and the cost of Higher Powers type program :/

You guys have done a poor job of merging, and you treated the AT pilots poorly too. No LUV there, and they probably know that. Oh well. At least they didn't PFT.......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Treated the AT guys poorly.......rrrrright.

How about your outsourcing of jobs. You have treated the entire profession poorly. Defend it all you want. You just set back this profession 30 years. I kind of look at your work group like how one would look at a scab. Thats just me though.

Last edited:
It is unfortunate that our passengers are feeling the pain of this integration. I will always believe that the agonizingly slow pace has made it worse for our customers and the employees.

Latest resources

Back