WSJ on SWA/AT Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Totally ignorant response.

You don't have your facts right therefore your opinions are insignificant.

We have handsome pensions. (Currently have 2.5 mil in mine with 11 years left. Not to mention the great disability benefits we get just in case)
The pay for training point is a "special needs" argument
We get payed for overrides. Often times much better than our competitors.
Wages higher than the legacy industry for much smaller airplanes for a long, long time.
Average 3 legs a day. Whore like? You need to come into the new millenium. My duty day averages about nine hours a day for 12 days a month.

Uhhhhh, your 2.5 million pesos are thanks to DL's payrates in the C2K contract. Had UAL and DL not gone for higher bucks before 9-11, your group would not have had the "cojones" to go for it yourself.

Uhhhhh, your 2.5 million pesos are thanks to DL's payrates in the C2K contract. Had UAL and DL not gone for higher bucks before 9-11, your group would not have had the "cojones" to go for it yourself.

Thats rich.

I have to thank DAL and UAL for my money. Game over. You lose.

Not that this isn't the same magnitude, but didn't you outsource "a little" to Volaris? It's not the same, but then again, it is..... Why didn't you guys take the Guadalajara and Mexico City routes from MDW, LAS, and OAK? Of course DL has more codeshares and Joint Ventures, but you guys aren't totally innocent either. Explain that. Why did you allow anything? WestJet almost snuck in there too as I remember. Don't try to compare outsourcing at DL vs your airline, explain why you allowed it at all.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your comparing a handful of Volaris flights (that are now gone) to DALPA allowing up to One THOUSAND RJs? That's beyond weak General. We have the strongest scope in the industry. And yes, that includes Delta. I really hope you guys can catch up with both pay AND scope protection....but you have a ways to go.

Good luck. We're all counting on you!!

Your comparing a handful of Volaris flights (that are now gone) to DALPA allowing up to One THOUSAND RJs? That's beyond weak General. We have the strongest scope in the industry. And yes, that includes Delta. I really hope you guys can catch up with both pay AND scope protection....but you have a ways to go.

Good luck. We're all counting on you!!

Too late. Cats out of the bag. Ask the Continental pilots.

You're getting owned all over this joint GL-
But thanks for saying my name

And yessir- SWA dude just had one of the best plays on FI this year- walked right into it bill- that was smart

There's a big difference between working for a wage that you agreed to, and setting up a whipsaw system that OTHER pilots have to work under- but good try sellouts-

Carl p - I absolutely agree- but I think it's like wishing water wasn't wet- the key to our success was simplicity, which takes time and a lot of effort when complexity enters in
But I do still agree 100%- we'll have some work to do to win customers when 2015 rolls around-

We have handsome pensions. (Currently have 2.5 mil in mine with 11 years left. Not to mention the great disability benefits we get just in case)

401k matching is not a pension.

Latest resources

Back