• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wright Amendment to lose some punch today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's great, and if customers agree with you, then you have nothing to worry about if the Wright Amendment goes away.

The problem with the Wright Amendment is that it doesn't give anyone that choice. Choice (and competition, and everything that flows from that) is the American way (and I mean the United States of America, not the airline). The Wright Amendment is deeply unAmerican.

Skyboss said:
Short term yes, O&D demand isn't there to warrant it long term which is all that your company serves. I know you think your airline is what is great in the world, but I'd rather see choice of more cities through connecting at DFW than just a choice to Dallas. I know they don't teach you that at Southwest University, but that's what the rest of the planet is here to point out to you and your fellow peanut tossers.

aa73 said:
Nope, I'm sure as heck not. Having spent five years growing up in STL and having many friends that flew for TWA, I always saw both sides of the story. Those quotes were made by the APA leadership that set up the deal, not the rank and file. Most of the rank and file felt helpless towards the whole deal, since there was nothing we could do about it. Your pilot group is/was a class act, and I'm not alone in saying that here in "Sky Nazi Land."

Then why did you make this wise as$ comment?

Originally Posted by aa73
Gee, you're not ex TWA, are you? :rolleyes:

NAA Pilot said:
Then why did you make this wise as$ comment?

Originally Posted by aa73
Gee, you're not ex TWA, are you? :rolleyes:

For the same reason some of your guys "rattle our cages" a little when we show some AA-bred bitteness... it's gotta go both ways right?
:beer:

aa73 said:
For the same reason some of your guys "rattle our cages" a little when we show some AA-bred bitteness... it's gotta go both ways right?

Maybe you should try taking the higher road.

And, drop the cheers thing.

NAA Pilot said:
Maybe you should try taking the higher road.

And, drop the cheers thing.

What! Are you asking me to forego my fun-filled tradition of ribbing my fellow aviators and defaulting to my AA "Sky-Naziness" serious demeanor?

NEVER!

BTW, I have been on the high road for years!

:) :laugh: ;) :D ....

NAA Pilot,

Maybe you are missing my point. I am not in the business of demeaning other pilots or their previous airlines. I am a pretty happy go lucky kind of AA guy (a rarity these days, right?) I like to have fun at work, on this board, in bed with the wife, and just about everywhere I go. I think you're taking me way too seriously.

Do a search of all AA/TWA posts and you'll see a bunch of bitter people, a few that just don't care, and a few that can discuss the issue in a mature way. Overall most of the ex TWA drivers on this board fall in this last category, and most of us AA types do as well. Most of our posts to each other are usually dripping with sarcasm, an occasional jab but for the most part we both realize we wouldn't have wished this merger and its integration on our worst enemy. That said, if you are offended by my above post I'm sorry, but it wasn't intended to demean you guys, yeah?

On the high road,

NAA Pilot said:
January 6th - 13th Round trip

LUV; DAL - MCI 182.60
AMR: DFW - MCI 158.40

and your point is.......

All I see here is a legacy carrier doing exactly what they are very good at doing--chopping fares to below cost, to preserve market share at all cost.
Allowing market losses on one or two routes, and subsidizing those losses across the rest of their system...not exactly a new concept nor totally unexpected....

T P

The Prussian said:
and your point is.......

All I see here is a legacy carrier doing exactly what they are very good at doing--chopping fares to below cost, to preserve market share at all cost.
Allowing market losses on one or two routes, and subsidizing those losses across the rest of their system...not exactly a new concept nor totally unexpected....

T P

Anyone know what that same fare was a couple of months ago, when there was no non-stop competetion?

Latest resources

Back